AMC: Wednesday, September 10, 2008

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think a particular day's pace depends on what Pratt hopes to accomplish in that episode. So, if he feels the need to flesh out certain important scenes/character interactions in an episode, the pace will be slower. In a more action-oriented show (such as today as Annie plots to kill Greenlee), the pace is super quick. I like it. The pace is fast enough when it is warranted, but Pratt seems to know when it's neccessary to slow down. It's also a huge improvement from B&E and McTavish, who kept the same pace going...all the time. So multiple episodes were spent rehashing the same conversations when we only needed a scene or two of said conversation happening.

• Members

You know--I agree. I liked Babe back in the day though I wish I had played her and her mom as first ritten--slutty hicks--for longer than they did (remember when she first called Krystal and Krystal seemed all loving her daughter and then it was revealed she cut her off cuz she was in bed with a random?) I don't mind the "new Babe". But she really is one of the less interesting characters on the show and I feel a writer like Agnes Nixon woulda realized that and cut her. AMC has for a while now had a bad tradition of keeping these characters (coff Aiden coff) on way past their expiray date and yet leftr characters with personalities and pasts that could keep them front and center for a while either in the background or off the canvas (Brooke is an obvious example--even Opal or Marian, but so are younger characters like Amanda and IMHO Josh). I honestly really liked Babe for a while on the show--I was a fan, but I think it's time.

I agree that today was pretty great I had three small complaints--I hope we at some point get to see the counsellor in the Kathy counsellign scenes. The show started at morning--and ended in the night yet it never really felt like a fulld ay had past--everyone and even thelighting outside looked the same in the morning scenes as the night scenes. Dr Terror's House of Horrors is SUCH a lame name for a modern "scary" horror film that Greenlee would want to watch-- :P sorry it sounds like a 1920s silent haunted house feature :P

And I lvoed the Annie gun, horror movie, scream, etc scenes but a part of me is mixed on them--Annie climbing on sides of buildings and entering thru windows? Even deciding to shoot Greenlee so suddenly feels a BIT stupid--I hope Pratt doesn't feel we need people chasing people with guns every other week or so. But I did like how the scenes played out so maybe I shouldn't complain.

Re the pace I agree that I'm fairly content with it--yesterday was a good example of a fairly fast paced show but we sitll got some good, slower, "soap scene/speechs" like Josh's to Erica about belonging, etc.

• Members

legacy? SHe had her first group of parents die, then Julia died, --that's her legacy. Makes sense to me she'd be fucked up. She's not a demon seed to Tad--just to Krystal. I dunno I pertsonally find it a brilliant story idea and it also makes Tad and Krystal's relationship FAR mor einteresting--we didn't need Emma to serve that role although I agree her childhood has been basically as fucked up (On the run from a molester dad, etc) I agree with all your other points ;)

Archived