AMC: Wednesday, September 10, 2008

• Members

It's sad that Babe might be going. I hope they don't kill her off. They should put Babe in a coma and hope that Alexa can come back! Amanda Baker sucked and she was never Babe.

ITA that Kendall is being herself. Caring about her own issue instead of pushing Rylee.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's nothing left for the Babe character, and I have argued that since March of 2005 with the conclusion of the babyswitch. Babe should never, ever have been a long term character on this show. One of many mistakes made by TPTB that have sunk this show to where it is today. Pratt so far, and if she does kill off Babe, is working decently to try and lift it up, or at least stop the AMC ship from sinking entirely.

• Members

And Annie is now becoming one note, I'd rather see Richie, who is very ENTERTAINING as a ghost, than Annie is as a flesh and blood person.

If Annie's never gonna pay for what she did, then why should I invest in her character? I like characters to pay for the things they do, and losing her baby isn't karma, cause she never gave two sh*ts for the baby

I might agree, I think B&E were gonna address, it but I don't think Pratt is, since Insannie is supposed to be his Kimberly Shaw.......

• Members

LOVED AMC today. I was on the edge of my seat. The music that played in the Annie/Greenlee scenes was GENIUS. That scream was perfectly fitted in.

I heard that Pratt views Annie as Kimberly from MP and this dead Ritchie SO reminds me of Henry, the guy that Kimberly killed, that taunted her to kill. LOL...the plots are repeating.

Also Kendall clearing the desk and ready to have sex with Zach on it is something Amanda did with Jake there

• Members

It was another really good show today, imo.

I'm a little disappointed that Tad & Krystal are getting Kathy help before the kid does any major damage to Krystal, but the scenes with the psychiatrist were really well done.

Zach telling Kendall to shut up and let him work had me just about cheering out loud! I'm tired of her and it was nice to see him put her in her place.

I'm a bit worried now that Ryan is working for Zach that they will turn into GH's Jason & Sonny after all. So far, though, their work banter was funny and refreshing after all the angst the members of the Sextet usually bring.

I'll miss Richie when he goes. His taunting of Annie was wonderful today!

Too bad Annie's dream wasn't real at the beginning. Watching Greenlee "die" felt so good!!!!

I loved the suspense at the end with Ryan barging his way past the Chandler's as Annie decides not to shoot and then is hit with cramps. Damn, and it's not even Friday!

• Members

Things I'm loving:

Pratt is playing everyone. It's not: here are these six in the opening act, and those are the six you see all day. Sometimes Jesse, Josh, or Erica pops up in the last act out of nowhere. Kinda liking that.

InsAnnie.

Evil Seed Kathy

Adam and Petey. Petey and anything really, but definitely Adam and Petey.

Breaking the Sextet up.

More Amanda

Taylor and Frankie's Iraq stuff.

Things I'm not:

The Josh exit

How he's playing with time. Just when I was getting the hang of it, he slowed things down again, and now today was back on speed again. THe first part of the show they left for work, by the fifth act, they were home from work, and Annie goes upstairs, and suddenly Emma is having sweet dreams so her mom can go off and shoot Greenlee??? I think I can get used to the pace, as long as some consistency is involved.

I suppose it's good that I'm loving more than I'm not.

• Members

WOW!!! Today's show was fantastic!!! Bravo Pratt Bravo!!!! Petey was so funny with Adam! Zak and Kendall were great today! They really have problems that they have to talk through. Sex is not going to solve the problems but it was hot! Annie get your gun! Hey that's a musical! She pointed a gun at Greenlee!!!! I read the spoilers but still had a knot in my stomach!! Tad visits Greenlee because he wants Aidan. I like Tad and Greenlee's interaction.

• Members

How he's playing with time. Just when I was getting the hang of it, he slowed things down again, and now today was back on speed again. THe first part of the show they left for work, by the fifth act, they were home from work, and Annie goes upstairs, and suddenly Emma is having sweet dreams so her mom can go off and shoot Greenlee??? I think I can get used to the pace, as long as some consistency is involved.

=======================================

Yeah it's morning one minute and then night the next. :) I noticed it but it didn't bother me. I'm used to that. I'm used to face paced. :) I watch GH. :)

• Members

I agree with the consensus. Very good show today. Zach and Kendall actually had a real conversation, something they have not had in a long time. Very impressed by that, and also that Kendall recognizes she is a meddling shrew, but admits she can't help it.

What more can be said about "InsAnnie" that hasn't already been said. The suspense of that last scene in Green's penthouse and then the scream OMG. Loved it and it was really suspenseful.

Pratt, thus far, is writing "All My Children" as it should be.

• Members

I don't like Kathy as the demon seed, though. It just doesn't seem to fit with the legacy of this character. I think we could have gotten the same effect if they had EMMA be the demon seed (suffering from misguidedness due to Annie's inconsistency and negligence) and Emma being a bad influence on impressionable playmate Kathy. Kathy being vulnerable to suggestion because she's been through so many transitions in her life, but not necessarily the one with all the dark ideas in her head.

Aside from that, I like the directions of the show on pretty much all levels. Even the Josh exit, while I feel is a little short-sighted, I think it's been constructed well and is very character-driven and makes sense for all involved. It's a good catalyst to change the dynamics for Zach/Kendall and Zach/Erica.

Archived