BOLD Twist: Kay Alden promoted to B&B head writer!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not with Kay. Sigh.

I love her. I personally loved her time on Y&R. I thought her MIT talk was great and insightful and plain-spoken.

But B&B is camp. I don't see that as Kay's forte.

What will Brad's role be? I imagine he will remain as a STRONG EP, giving specific story direction insights, don't you think?

I actually hope Brad is okay. He is a young man...living out his father's legacy. What could have motivated this? Maybe he was upset about B&B's recent all time low? If yes, he is not to blame...the whole genre fell precipitously that week.

ETA: With both Bell shows headed by FiCores (Alden at B&B, MAB/Sheffer at Y&R), what will the CONSEQUENCES of this be?

• Members

LOL!

Well, if it doesn't, sheilaforever, I certainly wouldn't blame you. To me, Kay Alden (co-)HW'ing B&B makes sense...on paper. But if she is primarily responsible for the Logan infestation (they might've been there at the beginning, but it's been years since we've seen most of them, and most of them are with "new faces," so to speak, so putting them on the front-burner immediately is, IMO, not the best idea) then I worry whether Brad has made the right decision.

That said, I do believe Brad needs to focus more on EP'ing the show, and less on HW'ing it. In a perfect world, too, this setup would allow Brad to focus on Y&R some, too. But who said the world was perfect, lol?

Archived