BOLD Twist: Kay Alden promoted to B&B head writer!

• Members

Now this is unexpected although Brad sure needs a co-head right now.

I'm extatic because B&B is at its last straw with me these days but Sylph is gonna hate this beyond words. ;)

A BOLD Promotion

BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL scribe Kay Alden will now share the title of head writer with Executive Producer Bradley Bell. Alden had written for YOUNG AND RESTLESS since 1974 and was let go in 2006, but snapped up by B&B. Both shows were created by Bell's parents William and Lee Bell. Their son was a former writer for Y&R and was named associate producer of B&B in 1989, then supervising producer in 1992. The following year, Bell took over head writing reins from his dad and also became executive producer in 1995.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Hopefully Alden will restore pacing and sense to L.A. - this is my dream writing team pairing. I hope it will pan out - if it doesn't I guess all blame will be on me. :P

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eh. I'm sure I'll be corrected, but I don't think much will change. She's pretty much been the head writer since she came on. I don't think the viewers will see much of a difference in the show from what it's been for the last seven months.

• Members

Oh just great. Now Alden can finish turn B&B into an even more boring Logan/Katie show. She SUCKS as a headwriter. She has to been reigned in. Well, at least Alden will have the honor of being pivotal in the destruction of the quality of both Bell soaps.

• Members

OMFG

And I never use that expression!

I don't know whether to be delighted (the Bell-loyalist in me is) or dismayed (the watcher of the show since she joined it is).

WHAT has motivated Brad to agree to this? I'm beyond shocked. Was he pushed, or is he tired?

Where is Jack Smith now? Still consulting?

• Members

Writing scripts, I thought he would be the one promoted too. He was B&B's Co-HW for years (while continuing his duties at Y&R).

Not that I'm necessarily a Smith fan, but Bradley should send his ass back to Y&R. He can resume the Executive Producer duties, if they're indeed looking for a new EP or be an Executive Story Consultant or something. A lot of the writers on the B&B staff are wasted and would be better back at Y&R, their original home base.

Archived