BOLD Twist: Kay Alden promoted to B&B head writer!

• Members

^She was last a story consultant on B&B, right?

Anyway, maybe Bradley could be both Executive Producer of B&B and Y&R at the same time now that it looks like Griffith is gone shortly? Bill Bell was B&B's EP for its first couple of years, while maintaining his Senior Executive Producer title at Y&R. If that does happen, I could possibly see John F. Smith back at Y&R in some capacity, since Alden is the chosen one at B&B.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, you pointed it out correctly: she started her writing career in 1981 and remained a SW for Y&R for 6 years. Then after several other writing stints, she returner to B&B as an executive storyline consultant. She's been MIA ever since.

I have no idea why Guza hasn't hired her... :mellow:

Brad needs to pause for at least a year as far as writing is concerned. But that doesn't mean Kay Alden has to be HW - what on Earth gave him that idea?!

Here's a quote from Lemay describing Paul Rauch:

Paul Rauch was a completely different sort of man: self-assured to the point of arrogance,
inventive, articulate, and above all, obsessed that whatever he produced surpass everything else on the air in quality and in ratings.

This would then make him an ideal EP for Y&R. However, during all these years he might have changed quite a lot. My choice would be Shaughnessy, but that's not going to happen obviously.

• Members

Who else? ... I actually don't know for sure.

Terror Island started December, ended January, while she was sole HW.

Shockwave started just as Meg was fired. I guess that goes to either Whitesell or Maggie DePriest.

Archived