BOLD Twist: Kay Alden promoted to B&B head writer!

• Members

I wonder if Bradley could deal with the pressures of running two shows, even though his father did it for a few years.

The Bell's needs to get invovled in Y&R again, and no I don't mean Maria and clueless husband. :rolleyes:

And SOAPSFOREVER, John F. Smith did go Fi-Core, he was on the list The WGA published of Fi-Core writers...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe Pratt will hire her for AMC then. :lol:

You know with Josh Griffith's agenda pushing behind the scenes at Y&R, if you're not repped by his agent, Sarnoff, you're not writing for Y&R. One of the many reasons why Griffith is doing more harm than good. :rolleyes:

Sylph, who reps most of the B&B team?

• Members

The producing has never been the problem with B&B, it's always Bradley's ADD when it comes to writing.

B&B is still a quality produced show, and no matter how bad the writing is, the stuff he writes is executed on the screen properly. I don't know if that's due to the other producers on the show or Bell.

Plus, Bradley wouldn't be writing Y&R, he'd send Smith back there to help Maria and Hogan. :lol:

• Members
WOW. Then I've lost all respect for the guy. He signed a letter with the majority of daytime writers that appeared in VARIETY saying he/they stood solidly with one another and wouldn't break the strike by going fi-core. Guess that tells us a lot about the man.

• Members

Weaver is a money-cruncher, he's no classic soap producer. He is vice president of BBL (distribution company of B&B) and was instrumental on making B&B the worldwide success it is today. He's basically doing a one man job where SONY has a full department of people. :D

Weaver is basically caring for the financial side of producing B&B and is always overseeing the foreign remotes as a coordinator, not so much looks or story thoough.

• Members

"...snapped up by B&B"? Talk about spin! According to several other posters on this site, wasn't Alden hired as some sort of "consultant" at ABC where she wrote longterm for "All My Children" (which was roundly rejected), then returned to Brad Bell with her tail between her legs, begging for something to do? "Snapped up" indeed.

• Members

I agree, alot of her stint at Y&R was very boring to the point where i almost stopped watching it and probably would have if she was still there.

B&B has been good this year so if any of that is her doing, then I guess this would be a positive step.

Archived