Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well I might need to follow him on Twitter. :P But that aside, I do wish that ED would bring back Nathan Wylde. I enjoyed him and Natasha the most out of the Wylde clan. I felt that he had potential to be a good anti-villain for the long run. What I am hoping is that ED eventually brings in an interesting family to occupy Home Farm again like the Tates, Kings, and Wyldes. Declan and his sister have fallen flat and I want them out of Home Farm. I love my Home Farm families to be dripping in jewels, scandalous, blue blood, and filled with family secrets.

• Members

The Wyldes were great. It's a shame the show wrote all of them out (I know Amanda Donohoe wanted to leave but the others, I'm not sure) and decided to focus on some sort of misery and cheapness. I've always said if you don't want to do glamour, then burn Home Farm down. I still feel that way.

I became so dispirited by what Gavin Blythe and Stuart Blackburn did to the show, I haven't even watched in years. I'm not sure what it's like now.

• Members

Well if that is the case then it seems like they possibly decided to get rid of the family because of Amanda Donohoe's exit. That sucks. They could've kept the Wyldes and left the door open for a Natasha return in the future.

But again, I need a glamorous family in Home Farm. I'm over Declan and I'm over these writers trying to make Katie the "lady" of Home Farm. She just doesn't possess the haughtiness and iciness that a "lady" of Home Farm would possess (i.e. Natasha/Sadie/Kim).

• Members

This is exactly how I feel, too. Home Farm was made for a rich, melodramatic, scandalous family - not bland, middle class siblings who are too vanilla for Home Farm. Faye should have been positioned into Home Farm after Natasha Wylde left, along with her son Ryan, starting up/carrying on the feud with Nathan and his sister Maisie. They could have slowly expanded on Faye and Ryan's family.

Kate Oates said last year in an interview with DS that she feels the days of the Home Farm dynasty is over. This tells me that she has no plans to utilize the set to its maximum potential. I know we are in a recession, but scandalous rich people still exist. I think a proper big dynasty in Home Farm would give the show some much needed life, and a link to its identity of the past.

They did burn it down last Christmas. Clearly, they don't want to do what they were famous for, so torched it, making sure it's never mentioned again. Such a waste of a decent set.

ETA: Re Danny Miller's return: Terrible idea, IMO. I know he has his fans, but he was clearly not comfortable playing a gay character, unless it was angst and crying, but anything affectionate, and it was all awkward and uncomfortable. I feel this is just to give Chas something to do outside of her revolving door of love interests. I bet they'll pair him with Finn Barton, who's the only gay guy in the village. Shame if they do, as Finn would be better off in a romance with Robbie Lawson - they had chemistry in the few scenes they've shared, and Robbie is on backburner hell, who hasn't appeared since January (and that was for a handful of scenes). He desperately needs a story that will make him likeable.

Edited by Ben

• Members

I think he wanted to leave, just like Amanda did later.

Personally I never thought that either of them would stay long. They were both fairly well-known actors and those never tend to stick around on soaps. They come in for a short stint, bring publicity to the show and then leave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ben, after watching Emmerdale again since April 1, I'm totally on board with your idea of Robbie/Finn. I agree with all of you that Danny Miller never sold the romantic aspects of his relationships. I can't be sure that Lawson would be different, but him and Finn to have a good rapport. Plus, I never understood how the show couldn't see the off the charts chemistry between Aaron and Victoria. Heck, they probably did and that's why their great friendship suffered once Aaron got into the thick of his relationship with Jackson.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Apparently, tomorrow we'll find out that a TV LEGEND will be joining Emmerdale. Can't wait to see who it is.

It would be fantastic if the long awaited Grandma Barton was finally cast. I know a lot of people have wanted her to be Joan Collins for years.