Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So happy Doug is back and had scenes with all the right people in his first episode. The most important for me being Leyla. Their relationship was one of the reasons I fell in love with this show.

I really, really hope this wedding doesn't happen. I want Marlon left at the altar so bad, I can taste it. I've never hated a character so much.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I don't understand how this show could be so good, but then turn around and give into that horrible Dingle groupthink bullsh*t. Chas has been the worst during this whole Aaron return story and even how she reacted to Megan today, knowing what Charity has done. It's not entertaining, it's straining to watch, especially with how they are writing Edna as if she should be falling over them for forgiveness. It's just gross. In fact, I am more than ready for Chas to get the hell out. I'm done with her and her horrible hair. The Dingles would be best if they only consisted of Zak/Lisa/Sam/Belle. Cain can stay too, as Kate Oates has done a lot to rebuild him like she has with Ashley and, of course, Queen Charity must stay as long as she as a hard comeuppance. She's practically the only real bitch soap operas have at the moment.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Bob going out of his way to sympathize with Ross was such a heartfelt beautiful moment for the both of them. Bob and Brenda have shown such compassion to Ross. I hope they build a relationship between them. It would certainly piss off the horrible Marlon.

I'm going to guess that Declan has finally wised up regarding Charity and is the one that poisoned the wine. Some magazine revealed that someone will soon die. Kate Oates biggest triumph are her amazing climaxes, which haven't been matched by any soap since she took over. I can't wait to see what new hell she has planned.

• Members

Ah! I was right about Declan! I am at the edge of my seat to see who dies this week. As I said before, Charity is the last great, classic female vixen/bitch/villain left. I will be at my wits end if she meets her maker. The great thing about the UK shows is the uncertainty. If Emma Atkins has left I will be utterly devastated.

On a brighter note, I love how much they've written Doug to not care for Marlon. When he told Ashley he didn't understand why Laurel traded him in for "that bit of rope," I was LoL'ing like only Emmerdale, always the soap with the best comedy, can make me do.

And, of course, Sandy. He is just such a legend. Everything he says makes me smile.

• Members

YOU BLASPHEMER! Charity IS Emmerdale!

I am actually shocked Declan has a fan. This storyline (starting with his breakdown/hitting Megan) is the only time he has ever been remotely interesting. Of course, don't cry yet, there is still tomorrow ...

I think we can both agree, at least, that Kate Oates has given us another splendid climax.

• Members

This has been an awesome climax to what was a mediocre story. Declan has only ever been interesting when he turns psycho.

Poor Robbie. Should have taken out Megan instead. Or Pete. Or Jai (some convoluted explanation could have been given for being there). I'm not counting Declan out just yet.

• Members

So Robbie and Finn stopped being friends months ago? I wonder if Finn will react to this.

I remember reading about how hated Robbie was for a long long time. Figures that now that fans didn't mind him he's killed off. That's the way of soaps I guess.

I read that the episodes tied EE in the ratings in spite of EE being far more hyped. If so, good for them.