Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Next week is going to be so freaking good with the show centering on Cain and Charity's weddings. It'll be interesting to see if either of them will.
And this week with Leyla/David/Alicia and the money was hilarious. Emmerdale has the best comedy scenes bar none.

• Members

I really like the twist of Donna using Ross. I hope she treats herself to him. She deserves a break and he's so hot.

The guy Finn with is hard to watch, physically. He looks like an alien.

So happy Charity ended up having that abortion and now she'll blame Megan for the "miscarriage" I'm sure. Can't wait. The bitch has still got it.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

A short clip from Emmerdale Farm 1978, with a rare glimpse of Katharine Barker, the original Dolly Skilbeck. Most clips I've seen on Youtube have been with Jean Rogers as Dolly, so it's a treat to see the first one. This is the Dolly I remember from when I was watching the show as a child.

• Members

How was Verity Rushworth as Donna in her first run? I ask because she has been such a breath of fresh air on the show. Not only does she always knock it out of the park, but her and Ross are hot as hell. Girl is smart to get on that as her last ride. I feel so bad that any writer ever paired her with the horrible Marlon? Why waste such a babe on that ugly mug?

Sandy whizzing around in his scooter with those goggles he wears always cracks me up. I love him so much.

Diane is trying to kill Annie Sugden. Why else would she invite Debbie downer to visit her with kids? True evil.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

You know, this got me thinking. Emmerdale has done such a good job destroying itself that when Sheila Mercier dies, and consequently also Annie, then they really have no way of giving her the goodbye the character deserves. The Sugdens have been so decimated that there's virtually no-one left. Annie has lost all her children (Jack, Peggy and Joe), three grand-children (Sam, Sally and Jackie), two stepgrand-children (Mark and Rachel), two daughters-in-law (Pat and Sarah) and at least one, maybe two husbands, (Leonard and probably Amos) not counting Jacob who died before the show started.

Of course, since she has so few ties left to the village, and has been gone for so long they will probably not even bother with anything anyway.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...