OLTL: Discussion for the week June 2-6

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to respectfully disagree.

I mean this with all due respect, but we have a headwriter who creates miracles....perhaps they could send those ex-Y&R scab writers back to Genoa City, or to ATWT or GL..........I hear they're not doing too well these days. ;)

OLTL is perfectly fine with RC at the reigns. :)

• Members

Just take a look at who is writing this:

Tamiko Brooks

Aida Croal (she shouldn't be bad, since she is a playwright, but I haven't watched closely)

Jeanne Marie Ford

Elizabeth Page (thw worst ATWT writer)

Michelle Poteeet Lisanti

Fran Myers

Gary Tomlin

Where are Stephen Demorest & Leslie Nipkow?!

• Members

Most of Tuc's lines are Tuc's lines. Although that could have been one of the SW's. No way of knowing. But David's lines, good or bad, are never really a judge of what the scriptwriter did. It's like judging Lucinda's dialogue on ATWT.

• Members

I'm going to play the wicked witch again, a role I seem to revel in playing: to paraphrase freely an OLTL fan, OLTL's stories are nothing extraordinary, nothing exceptional, nothing amazingly beautifully written. It's just your typical '80s soap staples with some minor changes and cast interaction. And nothing else. Possibly it's in the top three daytime dramas, but in today's canvas - that's not difficult. Pretty much all the soaps suck.

• Members

I'm not complaining about Ron or OLTL, I'm complaining about the excessive praise. After 55 pages someone would say it's a drama you've never seen in your life. And it's not. Positivity, love for the genre etc. just aren't enough. Sadly.

Archived