OLTL: Discussion for the week June 2-6

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was thinking of Jay as well. As a young M.D. his schedule must be all over the place. My partner is a physician as well and his timetable is a nightmare, even at age 50, though he takes on responsibilities he really does not have to. I've tried union work and teaching for a while, mostly in pursuit of a more normal homelife. Didn't work. Hated it. Some of us thrive on this kind of half-life, I guess.

Your Mom sounds cool, or maybe she's just someone I could relate to.

• Members

watching Friday again, Jessica said that if Natalie loves Jared then she'd want nothing to do with her. Does that mean if Nat wasnt with Nash, she'd be willing to accept and forgive her? I wonder if this is where the story is heading with Natalie being forced to give up the man she loves to make ammends with her family. I can see lots of sexual tension and angst between them if that happens

• Members

I think Jessica meant that if Natalie could love a man that frauded their family and lied to so many people in the process and caused a lot of people to get hurt, she wants no part of her which I understand on Jessica's part but that's not fair to Natalie because you can't help who you fall in love with.

• Members

lol Natalie shouldn't even have had the hots for Jared... he was her UNCLE... I mean she found out he wasn't, and all that, but I mean it wasnt just like oh guess what I'm not related to you so we can sleep together (à la Ridge and Bridget on B&B) but they had tension before that. She was hot for uncle jared until it turned out he wasnt her uncle so they screwed like bunnies :P

• Members

Sorry to interrupt the little OT-parade ;)

I was asked why I find OLTL has craptacular dialogue...

David to Dorian: "It's the cellphone that belongs to you, that I know doesn't belong to you...”

And this is just a mild example; god forbid characters use words like "talk" or "sister". The writers manage to repeat them in explicable sentences about a dozen times within just a minute long scene... This really is awful. There are so many former Y&R writers up for grabs. With such a headwriter they could create miracles...

Archived