ATWT Week of May 5...

• Members

Like I said report it. I love Ann too. I just think the Nuke fans in general...not u ....have made posters see red. I know it has me. To be honest I think it is the Nuke fans themselves who have turned me against the couple. They are so holier than thou. Their attitude is overbearing. And I was a big champion of them. I can see where Ann is coming from. I hope you can work out your differences with Ann because I highly respect both of your opinions. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What exactly have Nuke fans done, other than done things to try to get there couple treated equally? I know that some of them try to force them on people, but not everyone that likes Nuke does that, so it is not everyone, and frankly unless I have missed something not many of them even try to force them on people, mostly I see some people trying to say they like Nuke, and then get bashed for liking them. I personally see red when I see Nuke fans grouped all together, and false things being said about them.

• Members

Well, Ron, today's eppy also included Jack being superdad and ragging on Brad and his progeny (to Meg). NOW, I love Jack, but in Oakdale, he'd better be shuttin' his mouth about long-lost children, because sooner or later he'll get one himself.

About Nuke and Nukers....I've been to boards that since the beginning have treated anyone who didn't think Luke was better than sliced bread as homophobes. If you said it didn't matter, you were lying and had some agenda. All the attention focused on whether or not Nuke were on/affectionate/why not this or that, GOT ANNOYING. If any other fan base had complained on nearly a weekly basis about ANYTHING, they would have been called out as fanbitches and told "it's ATWT...not As (fill in character)'s World Turns". It's a double standard justified by a veneer of social responsibility. And while having gay people in Oakdale may be socially aware, this story isn't groundbreaking in any way. Other than it's on. So yeah...there's a segment of Nukers that not only drove people off, but marginalized what IS happening because it's not exactly what they want. WELL, welcome to the party, Nukers...the rest of the fan bases have the same problem. Crowing about youtube hits and mentions on blogs? Who cares? Most of those people aren't watching the show. They're reading blogs and watching youtube.

• Members

I do agree with what you said, because alot of that stuff did happen, I don't think it happens all that much anymore though, or altleast not as much anyway, I was drove crazy with the kiss stuff at first, but after a while I totally agreed with why Nuke fans wanted it, because it was only right, and I was more then happy they fought for equal treatment of the couple, for me it did not matter if it was Luke and Noah or not, but an issue that was more about equality, because frankly if it was someone other than Noah with Luke it would still be the same way no affection, so I think the fighting for that was good. As for the not on enough comments, I think alot of fanbases do that, not just Nuke fans. As for the Youtube stuff I still don't understand why people think most Nuke fans only watch on Youtube and never will seeing as most of them that live in this country actually watch live when the show is on, and watch everyday, the only people that I know that watch on Youtube are fans that don't live in the US and don't have access to ATWT.

• Members

You should see some of the posts on other boards about PEG!! Those posts are horrible. I won't even comment on most of the posts becuase believe me you will get jumped on....especially if your a PEG fan which I'm not but I'm not anti-Meg either. I've never seen anything like it. By the way I'm lovin all this posting for ATWT! :wub:

• Members

You can believe what you want to believe Clint. I dont want to start naming names. I dont want to start an arguement with you. So many things I could say but I will drop the subject. I know what I believe to be true and stick by it.

• Members

You guys aren't giving me any reasons to actually watch the show. What's the point if I'm going to end up watching 10 minutes worth of the show? *sigh*

I love reading the threads, but I can't really comment on the show because I don't watch it. I know I said that I would start catching up on the Holden/Carly/Jack storyline but you know what? As much as I love reading about Carly's newfound backbone and the possibility of seeing Jack try to win back Carly as she's bonding with Holden, I can't bring myself to record the show. I really think I'm done with ATWT. It wasn't always like that. Even if I gave up watching regularly, I'd watch sporadically. Now? I can't find enough reasons to record this show and say "yeah, this is worth the dvr space". I've been so appalled with the writing for all the characters that I've practically given up. Nothing is changing for the better. Before, I could watch for other characters/actors because I liked them and they have talent. This is the worst cast in a long time...even more incentive for me to stay away. I gave up on Days since the writing change, too. I am watching no soaps right now. I am leaning towards watching GH and OLTL because of cast additions, but at least I won't pull my hair out watching ATWT. lol

I used to hate on characters like it was no one's business. I don't even care what they do anymore because I'm so over them. I think as long as fans stomp and scream, the show had their interest. The problem starts when they stop caring. This is where I am. I came back to ATWT when Simon returned last year and left and came back to see Carly's return and stopped somewhere during the Quad of Hell and Jack/Katie stuff. UGH. I don't miss that crap at all.

NuLily... I saw the photo stills and she looks like Meg! I mean, she was wearing one of her outfits. I'm sorry, but I can't give the actress a chance knowing she looks like Holden's sister AND feeling MB is the only Lily to me.

NUKE....*sigh* I loved NUKE in the beginning but the lack of airtime and boredom sort of squashed my excitement. I actually thought Noah was cute with Maddie. It's tough because I remember how hot those NUKE kisses were and I liked Naddie as well. Jake is okay. He's not bad, but he's not good either. He's just OK. At this point, while I still like NUKE, I think the Kevin/Luke pairing should have been a keeper as it had a better start. Can't get everything I want, I guess.

Well, this is different...gawd, where do I start? On one particular board it's not PEG that pushes the anti-Peggers (myself included) to be SO BLUNT and sometimes cruel. It's their fanbase. Actually, to be fair, it's those 10 posters who keep on spamming and driving everyone else crazy with their empty posts. They add nothing to the discussions and well, you have to read those 72 point red bold fonts. It was/is so bad that it came to a point where that they stalked anyone who hated on PEG through the threads. I think if it wasn't for those select posters, the hate for PEG/MAUL wouldn't have been as bad. Speaking for myself, I don't care who you like, but once you start baiting, stalking, spamming, and annoying me with your shallow posts, you can't blame me for calling you out or whatever. I think those kinds of tactics to get fan support does the opposite.

Side question, Petunia, what are the names of those muppets in your avatar? I'm going nuts trying to remember the names.

• Members

I know what you mean Sema. I hate those little snipy comments myself. And you can get a thread of 5 pages of them. Drives me crazy!!

By the way.....their names are Statler and Waldorf....the muppet critics, they're hilarious! Could ya just see them critiquing ATWT? "Check this out Waldorf. Jack is actually dating Katie! Can you believe it!!" "No way! Especially when he could have a hot tamale like Carly!!" lmao

• Members

5 pages is an understatement. :P

AAHHH!!!! Waldorf! How the hell could I have forgotten? Yeah, I could see them saying those lines. LOL.

Statler: The question is, what is a muh-nah-muh-nah?

Waldorf: The question is, who cares?

Statler: I guess all's well that ends well.

Waldorf: I don't care, as long as it ends.

:lol:

Thanks. :)

• Members

That's cool. Sorry if I said something that you thought was directed at you, because nothing was.

I guess it would just be best if I just don't mention Luke and Noah anymore when I post what I think about a show, when they are on that day.

• Members

Hey Clint pm me....I didnt find anything directed at me. I just dont know why you protect the Nuke bashers. I dont want to spell it out...or I might just be banned from here. And they are not worth it. You can talk about Nuke here. It doesnt bother me. At least you are not banned here for loving Nuke. I cant say that about Van's board.

• Members

Okay, I know I'm sounding like a den mother, but don't do that...that's what leads to huge silences. Honestly, I'm not sure I could ever say anything that positive about them, but that doesn't mean I have to be as oppressively negative as I can be. I wish they'd focus more on story, because I think everyone could relate to how Noah feels he disappointed his father, and how that makes Noah tick. If only Winston wasn't just a cartoon villian.

The main reason I think most Nukers watch on youtube...try one million hits in a week (or whatever the stat was.) I don't think a third of the daily audience is bopping over to youtube. I guess I did make a comment about most Nukers not caring about the rest of the show, and someone fired back about they'd campaigned for Scott, etc. So I assumed a little, and maybe got schooled a little. But I still don't think mentions on afterelton or perez are getting people to sample our show. They read about it, and hit the youtube link MORE than someone flips ATWT at one on their day off. I think ATWT is trying to change that, but cutting off advance notices to the media about when Nuke's doing what. (And I don't think that's a conspiracy either. Carjack stories are always notoriously skimpy on spoilers to the point they keep repeating. I swear to God, last week one spoiler touted the huge puddle at Metro. :eyeroll:)

Sema...I so understand where you're coming from. ATWT is really the only soap left that I watch. But God help me, GL, as much as I want to, I couldn't watch an entire episode if my life depended on it. I don't know where I'd be if Maura wasn't on the show anymore. After witnessing the suckage of Kack, I'm not sure I could stay around to watch Jack. Even when you do get to like a character, (I started out loving Gwen and Will separately) sooner or later you know Pissy would write them into either hypercritical self-righteous assholes, or bat-[!@#$%^&*] crazy murdering psychos. I'm just starting to like Chris and Ali...so I know something's going to ruin it for me.

OY...the Peg/Pem wars. As a Carjacker, I thought I'd been in the middle of some vicious, meanspirited fanbitch wars. It PALES in comparison to what that has morphed in to. And that's saying a lot. The back-and-forth gets ridiculous...and you know it's bad when font size and color necessitate cease and desist orders. Thank God the spoilers are usually in the first post, because by the third post, the thread's being overtaken.

With all the departures, it occurred to me that Marie Wilson's contract must be coming up for renewal. But you know I didn't dare bring it up over there....it would make Armageddon look like a church social.

BTW...I think I'm a pervert....I'm looking forward to Casey/Em scenes a little.

• Members

Casye/Em are intersting. Paul & Sofie? No.

I miss Maddie, theyr eally need her IMHO.

Ali & Chris bore me but i love chris.

i think the reason nuke has high youtube hits is because they are once a week. and yes a lot of people did start out interstined in ATWT just because of them, but ATWT couldnt hold them so they went to youtube, dont blame them.

love katie/brad/liberty.

Archived