ATWT Week of May 5...

• Members

I'm a couple of days behind (I just caught up on about two week's worth) and I gotta say I really hope they are not going an Emily/Casey route. I love Casey, and I like Emily when she's a big bag of mess, but she is his brother's mother! She slept with his father! She is way, way, too old for him -- and the most unforgivable part is that they have no chemistry. I like the idea that she would support his redemption -- she's no stranger to rebuilding one's life, after all -- but romance is just...please, no.

On that note, I am totally enjoying Brad's move to romantic lead/nice guy, and I am surprised how much I like him with Katie. I'm also curious to see where they go with Carly and Holden's friendship; even though the two have never been close, I can buy that they might find some commonality right now. Parker's growing a foot taller every time he's on the screen, and it'll be fun to watch him in a first romance with Liberty (until Faith grows up some more).

The young crowd, though, is boring. Maybe it's the cottage that drags them all down; Gwen and Will were snooze-city when they lived there, and Luke/Ameera/Noah are no better. (Luke is shaping up to be his mother's son, that's for sure; his sense of entitlement and need for instant and constant gratification are the worst qualities in Lily, too.) Aaron and Chris are cute, but the women are a bore; I've never liked Ali, and Sophie is just the kind of needy drip who would develop a thing for Paul. She should be called Emily II!

They need some strong, interesting women for all the younger men, and stat. Ameera and Sophie are no Gwen and Maddie.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Your right there....try as I may I can't get into Ameera or Sophie at all. On some other boards they are loving the Sophie/Paul pairing and I cringe when I see it. Never thought they would go there, and it' s disgusting to me. I really wish they would stop killing the Paul character. Can't stand the Peg thing and this Sophie pairing is even worse in my opinion. And I find Ameera very boring also. Maybe it'll get more exciting once we find out her connection to the colonel. One can only hope.

And I like Holden and Carly as friends, just don't think I could handle them as more than that. I'm really missing my Jack and Carly scenes and I don't mean the sniping Jack and the begging Carly. I don't understand how its so hard to write for two talented actors as Michael and Maura and put them back together or at least dealing with each other in a decent way. I am looking forward to the opening of Metro and hoping they use the club alot. Should be fun.

• Members

I am loving the brad storyline.

love the carly/holden thing thats going on and i wonder if its going to go into more than friends.

and i am enjoying, for the most part, the nuke storyline as well.

not too bad, IMHO. but not too good either.

• Members

I thought Tuesday's show was pretty good actually, it was nice to finally have a show that was not consumed by Katie, Liberty, Brad, Carly, Jack, Holden, For me that had been dragging the whole show down, its not that I mind that storyline, I just don't need to see it everyday, and have it be the only story on for most of the weeks lately.

I really liked the romantic scenes with Ali and Chris today, it was nice to see some real romance added into the show.

I am really liking the Casey/Emily/Margo/Tom storyline, I may be mostly alone but Casey and Emily could be very interesting, and cause lots of drama within the Hughes and Stewart family's, hopefully we will see some of that drama, same thing with the Ali and Chris story really.

Really liked that finally a show focused on the Luke/Noah/Amerra/Winston story, because the lack of airtime had been killing the storyline, when it finally got some airtime it seemed interesting, and the plot finally moved. I know that Jake Silbermann is not popular around here, but I will still say that I loved him on Tuesday's show, and IMO proved he is a good actor, the guy just needed something meaty to work with, and he finally got it with his scenes with Winston. The Winston and Amerra thing is very creepy, and have to wonder if they are just trying to throw us off, with what is really going on.

• Members

I think people are liking Paul/Sofie simply because she isn't Meg :rolleyes: For me they are strictly FF material. I'm missing CarJack too. They had made so much progress and JP came back and ripped it all to shreds :angry: I didn't expect them to reunite yet but it's not fun as a fan to watch them like this and when all else is bad on the show they are what keeps me watching. Right now I'm teetering on the brink of taking a hiatus. The stuff with Holden is ridiculous. It makes him look ridiculous that he can be so angry at Lily but now overlooks everything Carly has done even though he never even liked her before this :rolleyes:

I like Ali/Chris but their story makes no sense. Casey/Emily are fun as coworkers and friends but nothing more. A sexual relationship will destroy that for me. Margo has been exceptionally annoying. It was nice to see DHK back but the most intriguing part for me was his phone call with Ameera. I find that story too boring.

There is just no story that I'm really enjoying right now and wondering what happens next.

• Members

I have come to the realization that in soapdom only a fan of Luke and Noah as a couple or an employee of P&G can put the words "Jake Silbermann" and "good actor" in the same sentence and not be joking.

• Members

I would have to say that is just your opinion, as there are quite a few people that are not big fans of the couple that like him. Then again you are one of the few in soapdom that does not like Van Hansis either, so....

And I guess seeing as alot of people don't like the actor on this board, I am not allowed to state that I do like him without being insulted or the fanbase being insulted.

• Members

I never know what people mean when they give JS this type of lukewarm support for his awful acting. In other words, JS was really bad when first started and now he is just bad? Is he always at his worse, of course not, even a blind squirrel occasional finds a nut, but as a rule he is bad, he is Passions bad. He isn't alone though. He is one of many bad younger actors on ATWT so he has company. Plus, he has all the Luke and Noah fans to defend his bad acting unlike the other bad actors on ATWT so it is all good for him.

• Members

Everything that an individual states on a board is their own opinion. I thought that was a given. I'm one of the "soapdom that does not like Van Hansis either." I don't know Van Hansis so how can I dislike him? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are referring to his acting. I haven't enjoyed Van's acting in ages. He was really coming along, but he has spiraled downwards since the character of Luke became isolated from his family.

I don't understand why you Nuke fans have to have everyone love your couple and fawn over the bad acting.

• Members

Excuse Me, when did I say you needed to like the couple? I have personally never said anyone needs to like the couple or the acting, I just don't like being insulted, and your post was insulting, plain and simple. I could care less if you hate Jake Silbermann, but don't insult me or a fanbase to spread your hate of him.

No wonder I don't post here anymore, I hate when everyone is grouped together, I have never been one to push a couple on someone, and actally I don't think alot of Nuke fans are like that either. I think you just have an issue with anyone posting about them.

• Members

I don't like Nuke, but at times I agree that it's the lack of airtime that makes the story off-kilter. In that regard, I completely agree that Nukers have a right to complain. ANY story that's on once/week never feels like story, it feels like filler to me.

I don't think JS is a bad actor...he's just got NO chemistry with VH. (And, btw...if I see that simpering look on Luke's face again, I'm gonna freakin' slap it off him.) I thought that was where TIIC made a huge mistake, not testing the Noah/Maddie chemistry before predetermining that Noah would be Luke's boyfriend. I thought Jake and Alex Chando had a lot of chemistry.

I actually don't think this younger crowd of actors is that bad (certainly not as bad as geekCasey and Sarah, orphan of Marshall Travers days...) They need time to grow. People always diss newbies before they just suddenly don't. I used to scream bloody murder at Maddie's endless stupid fantasies back in the day. There was a freakin' streak of them---every day Maddie would be on, she'd have some stupid movie-inspired fantasy. NOW, I miss Maddie a lot more than I'll ever miss Gwen.

Paul/Sofie....the only thing I like about them is that it proves that Paula is poison and not above using anyone to get what he wants. I'm still pissed at the way he treated Rosanna and skated off scot-free.

Could we just play nice? I know I'm a Princess of Snarkdom....but I miss the convo's here.

• Members

i agree with everything.

i just dont discuss atwt here because all it is a thread of katie bashing and i :wub: katie. its not that i want everyone lse to love her, hell i understand the hate. but why would i discuss my love of katie during a katie hate thread when i could discuss it somewhere else? lol.

and honestly, aside from the katie/brad/liberty storyline i dont much care to discujss anything else on atwt. other than the fact that i am loving holden/carly and thats another no-no here, lol.

we could discuss how amazing michael park is tho? because srsly. perfection.

Archived