ATWT Week of May 5...

• Members

Holden & Carly there is something just infinitely wrong in so many ways at even the hint of them being paired up.

I don't think it would be do any favors to either character, and I think it could ruin Jack & Holden's relationship as cousins and Carly & Lily's friendship

Seriously WTH is Goutman smoking?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was very well stated and I totally agree with everything you have said 100% and no I am not gay I am a heterosexual woman :) I would think that would be very hurtful to hear that "your kind" shouldn't be on television.

Anyway, I am finding myself intrigued by the whole Carly/Holden storyline. As much as I want to hate this pairing I'm somehow enjoying it. It's like a guilty pleasure. I liked Brad/Katie today as well. Laughed at Katie's look to Brad when he said "Well, that went well"....that was priceless. Looking forward to next week

• Members

I'd love to have some of it, because it must be pretty potent stuff.

I don't know what's up with him. This whole merry-go-round isn't going to end well, I fear. I think Noelle is doing a good job so far as NuLily, but if this story takes a wrong turn what happened to Susan Batten is going to look like a puff of smoke.

• Members

Well, part of the problem with Batten was the character transplant that went along with it. Connor turned from a hardnosed business woman to a ditz overnight. Sadly, I think we're a little more used to character lobotomies/assassinations nowadays. But I really hope (probably foolishly) that any uproar isn't directed at Beck. I cringe when any ATWT fan base is dismissed as crazy fanatics.

Re: Holden/Carly...I can barely accept that Holden's done a 180 enough to consider himself Carly's friend. If it crosses a line, the buzz won't be "Holden, Married Man is scoping out His Wife's Best Friend", it' be "Carly--HomeWrecker Strikes Again". Because 1) just that many people dislike Carly and 2) even when she's blameless, TIIC find some way to make it Carly's fault ie, lying about the misdiagnosis. They think it "keeps Carly interesting" if she pulls some strings.

• Members

Well I for one am really enjoying Noelle as Lily and I have to admit I wasn't sure it was going to work or not, but I am liking her so far. She seems like she's been here for a long time not just 2 days. It's so natural watching her with Carly and Holden like she's not even a recast. Its unreal. I too am worried about how this is gonna play out for Carly and yes they probably will make her the homewrecker. But I'm hoping before the line gets crossed Jack realizes he's an ass and woos Carly back in time. I know...I'm a dreamer and probably never gonna happen but I still want my Carjack reunion!!!

• Members

Another problem was her voice. She had an accent now. She was just not Connor. The character changed dramatically and she had NO chemistry with Alexander Walters. So far I do see chemistry between Beck and Hensley. I think TPTB were too quick to move them to other pairings without playing them out.

I've got to agree. I am enjoying Noelle. She is not MB but she has the softness of what MB brought to Lily. And I can see the friendship between her and West.

• Members

It must be so weird for them to have Noelle just step into Lily's shoes. I think there's a chemistry there, with Maura, Liz and Jon, but a little different than it would have been with Martha. Which I guess is normal. It's hard to explain.

• Members

We'll see what happens. This may turn out better than anticipated. However, I can see the Carjackers (don't worry Petunia, I'm not lumping you in there) just having one big conniption fit and all but storming the studio. Hint hint, Jean, it has been two years since they split.

I haven't forgotten Connor's great personality transplant was masterminded by none other than the wonderful duo of Stephen Black and Henry Stern. While I think Passanante's had her share of cringe-worthy moments, so far she hasn't sunk THAT low. :)

• Members

Yeah she has chemistry with them all. She even resembles a tad of Liz Hubbard around the nose area. JMO but Liz look uncomfortable during those scenes with Beck and the children. Like she was realizing Martha was no longer there. It was sinking in.

Actually is was during Broderick(head writer) and Behr(EP) term that Connor was changed. Behr fired Taylor in favor of her friend Batten. It was a big mess to say the least.

Archived