Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Members

I have a feeling Ron may have just wanted to put Ilene on the show and since Roxy wasn't available, he went for Delia. I wonder if he's ever even seen a Ryan's Hope episode.

I agree that they should have just used her Loving character, Norma.

I'm going to try to be positive about this, but it's not easy. The worst part is that I know we're going to hear all sorts of trash talk about Ryan's Hope and how Ron did Delia better than anyone ever could.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well If Ron Says that, he's gonna throw his mentor, Claire Labine under a mack truck. If he claim's that his Dee is better, I want him to be slugged and Ill save the front of that line fpr Claire Labine

Edited by John

• Members

I really wish they would also have shown Helen Gallagher (Maeve Ryan)

Yes shes 87 but she's still working.

Would have loved some Dee/Maeve interaction

Ok Ron & Frank if Dee is Ava's mom & we dont get some recurring scenes at the least with Dee and Ava, this will be all for nothing

Something tells me Dee and IK wont be back after this week

Edited by John

• Members

Delia is "a bad liar," who would make "the worst poker player"? Ugh... Delia could outsmart Sam and whatever character Michael Easton is supposed to be playing now (someone tied to the Port Charles vampire storyline, or a new character or?) any day.

Beyond that, I'll reserve judgment on the overall wisdom of this concept until I see the resolution of the cliffhanger tomorrow. I'm clinging to the hope that if they're going to the trouble of delviing into the parentage of a character in Maura West's age range, it's to tie her permanently to central GH characters. A 40-ish character having a Lily Walsh-esque tantrum because she finds out she was lied to about who her parents were is not something I would imagine any soap today wanting to showcase...probably for different reasons than what my objections would be, but still I don't see it. If it's a nice little nod to RH fans, that doesn't leave any number characters who mostly got some very nice, thoughtful resolution 25 years ago, in limbo, then fine.

I think Ilene did admirably with the material, and FWIW I didn't see Roxy today, at all. I saw the characters reacting to her in much the same way OLTL characters typically reacted to Roxy, but that's just the way "hot, young" (ish) ABC daytime characters have treated most women past 50 for a while now. I think Ilene interjected a lot of underlying sadness and ambiguity about what Delia was really doing working in that bar again that broke my heart for Delia all over again. Unfortunately, the character's underlying cleverness did not fit into the purpose she was being called upon to serve, but...

Edited by DeliaIrisFan

• Members

I watched Delia's scenes today, and I sort of got a Roxy vibe.. but I think the character was fairly Delia. It was nice to find out that her son is running Ryan's, that she is still married to Roger and that both Roger/Delia were unfortunate victims of the recession. It does seem in character for Delia to revert to being dependent on the Ryan's family when things got tough in the real world, which we saw in 1980/1981, 1983, and in 1986. Delia seemed very dependent and like a lost soul.. which I think we got a glimpse of today while Roxy was a hell on wheels bitch that didn't depend on anyone.

• Members

Sorry epic fail to me. Yes great to see Ilene but RC's delia is not RH's Delia. Where os the schemer. Also it seemed IK was playing Roxy playing Delia

So today Tuesday Delia admits she had Ava BEFORE marrying Frank. Then says that neither parent raised Ava and gave her number to give to Kiki

BS

If U watch early RH episodes Maeve talked about how Delia basically became part of the family since she was a preteen. Dee left NYC in 84 and moved to LA Coming back two years later. So If Ava was born it had to be in this two years (84-86) and not before her son, John was Born.

Im sorry Ron & Frank stp taking iconic shows and fudging with the timetables to make GH story work

Why not hire IK as a new role who is Ava's mom.

I will be surprised to ever see IK as Dee back on GH again. This IMHO was a waste and a horrible way to ruin the bible of RH.

Claire Labine should slap both Ron & Frank in the face for doing this. Twice for Ron since claire hired him at OLTL in 1996. He threw Her & her soap under the bus and back uped again & again