Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think I saw a few of those from March 82 - I know that Soapnet stopped a few months short of Ilene’s return in its regular rotation but they ran a few post-1981 episodes during some St Patrick’s Day marathon. It was odd seeing Ilene Kristen’s Delia running the Crystal Palace but I don’t think that lasted long. I would have liked to have seen more, plus her final stint on the show.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

MacKenize Allen (Jim Speed) was in a handful of episodes of The Bold and the Beautiful in 1987. He played Charles Garner- who worked with Caroline and showed a brief interest in Kristen.

Also in this episode is Ann Gillespie's (Siobhan #2) husband, Jeff Allin, as a evidence technician. He later returned to play Lt. Burke on the show. 

MacKenzie is seen at approx. 6:36 & 15:29. Jeff at 5:31 & 14:11

Edited by safe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
RIP writer Mary Ryan Munisteri.
Starting her career in the mid-1970s, she was considered a pioneer in 1970s daytime serial television, writing for programs like" Love of Life," "Guiding Light," "As the World Turns," and other shows . . .She settled in Brooklyn, NY, where her best friend and co-writer Claire Labine named for Mary the main character "Mary Ryan" (a role originated by Kate Mulgrew) on the eponymous soap opera "Ryan's Hope," for which Mary was a longtime script, long-story, and "breakdown" writer.

• Members

Here is the obituary for the late writer Mary Ryan Munisteri:

MUNISTERI--Mary Ryan (1939-2022). Mary Ryan Munisteri died peacefully at her home in Brooklyn, NY, on January 29, 2022 at 82 years old. Starting her career in the mid-1970s, she was considered a pioneer in 1970s daytime serial television, writing for programs like" Love of Life," "Guiding Light," "As the World Turns," and other shows. A graduate of Trinity College (now Trinity Washington University) in Washington, D.C., Mary went on to graduate from Yale University with an M.A.T. degree. She settled in Brooklyn, NY, where her best friend and co-writer Claire Labine named for Mary the main character "Mary Ryan" (a role originated by Kate Mulgrew) on the eponymous soap opera "Ryan's Hope," for which Mary was a longtime script, long-story, and "breakdown" writer. With approximately a dozen Daytime Emmy awards to her name, Mary also won a best writing Emmy Award for the short film "Mandy's Grandmother" (starring Maureen O'Sullivan), which was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Short Film. Mary was also head of the Writers Development Program at CBS and finished her career with a long stint writing for the successful daytime show "General Hospital." She retired in 2005. She is survived by her children, Matt Munisteri (Carmela Marner), Ben Munisteri (James Bowyer), and Adele Munisteri (Andres Gleich), and two grandchildren, Arlo and Calla Gleich. The family will announce a memorial service at a later date.
he obituary:

• 2 weeks later...