Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A lot of people don't care for Ava Lazar as Santana but she completely embodied the character for me. I bought her as the seductive daughter of the maid who had the Capwell men wrapped around her finger. I love this scene of her and Mason. There is a sense of honesty and anguish in it. I wish she had stayed longer.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rYp6SoIoNd0#t=479" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p-DKJBzf85I#t=64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

I remember both those articles...

The Mason/Julia first wedding was a hoot. I'll never forget Lane Davies' speech with Todd McKee in the first act and then Mason pulling out what he thinks are his vows and saying "milk, butter, ground beef..."

By March 1992 I was already wondering if the show was on its last legs. Had there not been so much turnover in the previous years...

• Members

Working on my 1989 summaries, I have a few questions about who wrote the show. Chuck Pratt & Anne Howard Bailey were headwriters until Bailey left in very early 1989 (she joined DAYS in March). Sources then credited Robert Guza, Sam Hall and Sheri Anderson as co-HW but I can't find any accurate source. Can anyone help?

• Members

That's a great scene between Cruz and Eden -- Cruz acknowledging his jealousy and trying to make Eden understand that her feelings for Robert are a real threat to their union; Eden denying it even as she on some level knows it's true, and is unwilling and unable to tear herself away from Robert. That's the kind of adult conversation I haven't seen on soaps in more than 20 years.

And boy, did it remind me of how I loved A Martinez back in the day.

• Members

It's definitely a very real and painful conversation - it's tough seeing him that way when she's so broken down, but very well acted.

This also has a lot of good acting from A and Marcy, and then Robin Wright. He and Robin have a lot more chemistry than he did with Eileen Davidson, although I'm glad the show didn't go there when Robin was in the role.

This also has a fun Gina/Pamela scene. I know Shirley Anne Field wasn't a great actress but I enjoy her as Pamela, she's so cool and sleek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYwR9b9rlOk&feature=plcp