Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow, eerie resemblance! LOL!

But seriously, the top photos: Is that Susan Marie Snyder (or whatever her name is now)? I know she was Laken Lockridge #2. And played her like a spoiled mega bitch unlike predecessor Julie Ronnie! (Shell Danielson, the final Laken, played her as strong but kind.)

Edited by Wendy

• Members

Do you know who this is playing Eleanor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe6MIQ4w9q4

It's interesting how they did this Cruz/Santana sex scene. The scene is steamy, yet you can tell he's pushing himself through it. They took a lot of care in a way they wouldn't now.

The Mary/Mark stuff is tough to watch. He just seems pathetic.

I guess the show went through a lot of change by mid-86, since Mary, Mark, and Kirk would be gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4TSVSkzxW0&feature=channel

• Members

Ahhh, you must have missed the episode where Cruz first finds Suzanne Collier. Toward the end of the episode, Eden's face appears in the window and, as she looks at them, you can see her mouthing the words "Good Bye Cruz. I Love You." Tears rolled down her face as she took off her wedding ring and left it on the window and ran off, with Cruz soon finding the ring and trying to catch up with her.

It was an uncredited final appearance- not ONE spoiler was leaked about it so I'm glad I got to see it with my own eyes. And yes, it most certainly was Marcy, as she returned to film that brief scene. It was the only, tiny bit of closure we got and THANK GOD her actual final scene turned out to be her playing Eden, not Lisa or Channing. I believe it aired about a month after Marcy left.

Also, when Julia and Mason went to find Ted in San Francisco, it was Eden leading them to him. You could only see the back of her and that gorgeous hair, but it was most certainly Eden (not Marcy though :( ) and it actually played a major part in Ted's return.

• Members

No, I actually do remember that! smile.png But time had dulled my memory in that I swore that aired before the Capwells got that letter from Eden (where the obvious stand in mailed it from wherever she was). But it was after? Are you sure? Because you're right in that changes the context!

Edited by Wendy

• Members
Oh I never knew that. Being the big MW/Eden fan, how did you feel about how they wrote her out? Crazy and a mess with the destruction of her very popular pairing with Cruz. I jsut read all about that a few weeks ago and thought it was an awful way to write out one of the show's most popular character. Did you feel this brief return made up for that?