Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes, Megan Richardson was Meg Bennett's character. She came to write a biography on C.C. but, come to find out, they were lovers apparently during the time Sophia was gone. Then her son Greg Richardson (Paul Johanssen) came to town and found out C.C. was his dad. I remember the awesome Capwell Zone episode done after he found out when he hit his head while surfing and dreamed Mason and Julia were aliens, etc. Patrick Mulcahey wrote it in iambic pentameter. He said that in SOD.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I LOVED the Capwell Zone episode. That reminds me of a little running thing the show did with replacing its theme song over the opening from time to time with a different song. Quite often, they'd use a Christmas song at Christmas. They used the "Twilight Zone" theme over the Capwell Zone. And the one that I'll always remember (because it always makes me tear up) is that the opening for the episode that began Cruz & Eden's actual wedding ceremony had the bridal march.

In other news: I just discovered that the late Joe Harnell (who wrote the Santa Barbara theme song along with numerous OTHER TV themes including "The Bionic Woman" & "The Incredible Hulk") has quite a bit of his stuff available for puchase on itunes -- including his version of the full SB theme song as well as a piano version!

• Members

Carl, here is The Capwell Zone episode in 3 parts. (Someone else had it up, but it wasn't in English. Glad I did find someone that had it that way!)

Based on the length, I still don't think it is complete, but enjoy, anyway!

And the opening credits in a separate file:

Edited by Wendy

• Members

As I had said before, Jack Wagner's Warren Lockridge bore little, if any, resemblance to John Allen Nelson's laid-back and seemingly charming Warren Lockridge. (I know there was another Warren briefly between the two, Scott Someone, but he was barely on screen before he left again, so I don't count him.)

JAN's Warren even looked and sounded like a Nic Coster clone, so if they ever tried retconning Warren's paternity then, it would never have flown. As it was, the story was a mess. And, as much as I loved SB for what it was, I was almost relieved for the axe before it was revealed C.C. was his father, which is where it was headed. Mixed doubles. Great. Not.

And Warren dumping the man that raised him because he was not his bio father and Warren was declaring himself a bastard SUCKED. I said elsewhere that Warren was right about being a bastard, but not in the way he thought! Lionel should have spit in Warren's face.

Though, it seemed to me all this was done so as to make Warren/Cassie not incestuous and gross. And it only made me resent Cassie for mucking up established history - not just with Warren and Lionel, but Minx. JW's Warren should have been revealed to be a fortune-hunting fake or whatever, because his version of Warren was just awful, and the ruination of Warren's close relationship with his father (which I still saw Lionel as!) was just criminal.

• Members

Was Warren still around when Brick was there? Did they interact?

The stuff with JW's Warren and Lionel sounds awful. I wish Brick had come back long enough to do another Lily Light and choke a bitch.

It's always so tough for me to picture Janis Paige as Minx too. I guess it might have been easier watching in real time, I don't know.

• Members

I watched in real time. It wasn't easier. Janis Paige seemed like a good actress, but she was NOT Minx Lockridge to me. She was far too young. She should have been a Lockridge cousin instead.

JAN's Warren and RE's Brick were on the canvas together. They interacted intermittently since Brick was Minx's chauffeur. But not a ton or so it seemed. In terms of the reaction in discovering Brick was a bio Lockridge, the sibling angle was played up with Eden, Kelly, and Ted (with Mason, the quasi would-have-been stepbrother on the periphery) rather than Laken and Warren since Laken was off canvas and Warren also seemed to fade out.

• Members

What are Santana's weird reactions at the end of this clip? Is she upset...relieved?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ObHOhua_uQ&feature=channel

I didn't know GG Santana was still on the show by early 1987. The scene with Brick is nice.

What are CC and Sophia doing?

Jeffrey seems like a nut, attacking the cop even after Kelly was captured and the man said he'd shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAlRYir53h8&feature=relmfu