Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Woohoo! I have this issue and I specifically buying off of the newstand (I was all of 12 at the time) just for this article because I was determined to watch the premiere of a new soap opera (which I'd never gotten to do before).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Holy [!@#$%^&*]! Carl, thanks... I thought Page was pretty good, especially when he became a little unhinged about Kelly (and not surprised that Robin Wright was particularly snotty toward him)... like most stories in that period, it suffered because I don't think they really knew what to do with Nick/Kelly/Dylan.

I will say, Dylan's death was the catalyst for the stolen videotape which Gina used to blackmail CC into marriage, so the story turned out to be pretty damn good in the end.

• Members

Yes. Beyond that, she was involved with Dane Witherspoon (who played her boyfriend, Joe Perkins). He was abruptly fired, and she was very upset about this. She didn't get on well with a number of her love interests after this, including the replacement Joe, and apparently Mosely as well.

• Members

Thanks for your comments! I haven't seen a lot of the tape story but what I have seen is good viewing. Dylan seems so skeevy though, I don't know why Kelly slept with him.

So who were your favorites? Did you watch at the time it aired?

There's also a lot of good discussion here.

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3114908&st=1770