Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks for the link!

I was a big fan of SB and watched a big part of the episodes.

I think they did a great beginning with the Channing murder storyline involving all the charaters. The weakest link: the teenagers. Why the show put their in a stupid storylines? Nonsense. I think they had a great opportunity in Hollywood to focus the teens in the mistery of Channing murder's with the past of Sophia as an actress. I think it would have been a good idea to connect Peaches with Sophia to discover stuff.

Ava Lazar Santana's was a great character, but they destroy her personality with Gina Gallego. Santana change from a fighter to an insupportable coward.

I'm Kelly team with Robin Wright and Carrington Garland. Another mistake of SB was fire Carrington Garland in the moment of Marcy Walker's departure.

Another, don't use Ted with Andrea in the Fox storyline... I think he was a better option than Cain. He was a Capwell.

The destruction of the originals Lockridge was another big mistake...

Ok, there were many things that could be improved.

In the positive side a lot of things... The humor, the chemistry between characters, great moments and couples, aventures... For me SB it's from far the best soap ever.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Mason was a very interesting character. Lane Davis was a great Mason. Terry Lester was so comical. I like Gordon Thomson but i'm don't like the recast polity.

I think if the writers and producers had treated better the characters many actors would have continued or recurred.It's insane change an actor for a couple of days. For example, a new Amy for two episodes for do nothing, that's is do a bullshit production.

Maybe Carrington Garland instead of Kelly could be a close Capwell cousin and Eden could find her in Paris and start the aventure...

One of the worse recast: John Novak as Keith. They destroy the character and the memories.

Paula Irvine's Lilly is absolute a different character than the original... Nosense.

I cant tell a lot of things...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The tape storyline was amazing Carl, one of my all-time favorites. It's certainly a template for how to write a character out temporarily. It made for some brilliant sequences, including CC's "funeral" which is arguably the funniest stuff ever to air on SB. I LOVED when they did black comedy.

• Members

One thing I must say and question- do you think it would be fair to say that Santa Barbara had the most intricate Bible ever for a soap? I can't think of any other show that started out with as much backstory and history within their characters. Even as the show was going off the air, there were still stories going on that directly related to that Bible.