Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh my GOD! Those weeks she was in that cabin in that flannel outfit were so awful I wanted to SCREAM!!! MUCH more frustrating than Marlena in a Cage. We all CHEERED when Eden bashed Cain with that crutch. THAT was my Eden, not some helpless ingenue laying in a bed whining.

• Members

Ironically, NBC ended up doing the same thing, replacing it with half hour installments of Scrabble and Scattergories. They lasted less than one season. NBC pulled the plug on SB 6 months too soon. I STILL wonder what would have happened when DAYS experienced the ratings surge in the summer of 1993 with the Carly Buried Alive storyline. It was creepy, over the top, and darkly funny at the same time. SB would have made a far better companion piece to DAYS than AW did. Had they given SB at least another year, they could have flipped the lineup to this:

1:00EST- Days of our Lives

2:00EST- Santa Barbara

3:00EST- Another World

I really think all 3 would have had a chance of thriving at that point, as AW was still pretty damn good in 93 and SB would have been a nice bridge between both soaps.

Sigh. What could have been.

• Members

As a huge SB fan who was indifferent to AW (even though I respect its legacy and fans), probably because AW had been on NBC much, much longer, so there was more of an investment. Not to mention that AW didn't have the legal baggage and sour-grapes fallout that SB did with regards to NBC.

• 2 weeks later...