Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To me it was one of the shows best storyline ever.

And i didnt even like Cruz/eden.

If not the best one of the most memorable. I just hate the thought that jfp was probably at the helm back then cuz that means i have to give her some sort of credit.

Didnt it end up that kirk was the killer? Setting the stage for yet another story arc for the unsufferable cruz and eden?

To think that the last time sherilyn wolter was on a soap she played a vilain named George pfff.GL sure wasted her. And its a shame she never returned to gh. She was on before i started watching but she was always a fave of mine.

• Members

That story was perhaps the best executed story from start to finish SB ever did. Sherilyn made such a creepy villainess, Cain was a believable foil for Cruz/Eden... never. ever understood why they let Sherilyn go after about six months.

Of course, this is when they were getting rid of great characters and actors left and right. Scott Jaeck was a great presence on SB, but it seemed like they didn't know what to do with Cain once Eden and Cruz were married.

• Members

Or ally walker who could have been a nice main heroine or supporting at the very least. Of all the gal to kill off over the obGyn rapist storyline i feel her character was the last one the showrunners should have picked.

Sadly i think elena wasnt viable longterm but i think the show could have introduced a long lost twin. It always bothered me that mason never got to know his sister, his only full sibling if i remember correctly.

Did SW and LD share any scenes together? If so can someone lead me to a clip on yt

• Members

Wasnt the Joe perkins recast occur around that time? If so it probably stands out as the most memorable part of the story considering Dane whiterspoon was freaking hot and could have been a good male lead.

Then again kelly would never have met nick Hartley, his brother dylan and jeffrey conrads but i would have lived with it.

I think i saw the guy who was killing the blond girls in a horror movie starring nathan fillion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

For those of you who are interested in knowing what Richard Eden (Brick Wallace) is up to these days, last week he and his wife attended the Hollywood premiere of the new Robocop movie. Some of you may remember that Richard played the role in the 1994-95 syndicated series.

He gets interviewed on the red carpet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZMXygTCp5A

Here's a photo:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/actor-richard-eden-attends-the-premiere-of-columbia-news-photo/468541097

Here he is with his wife, Shannon on the red carpet:

http://www.contactmusic.com/photo/shannon-hile-richard-eden-premiere-of-columbia-pictures-robocop-red_4062224

• Members

Does anyone remember a short-lived character from around the end of the show's run named Bitty the maid?

You can see her in this clip (from the beginning to about 0:30, 4:05 to 5:00, and again from about 1:45 to 2:17):

Bitty was played by Stacy Sullivan, who is now pursuing her passion of music full-time. She has recorded several albums, the latest a tribute to Peggy Lee, of whom she does a one-woman show. Ms. Sullivan had this to say about her time on SB on her FB page:

"Playing "Bitty" on Santa Barbara was a hoot! I booked the job when I had just given birth to my daughter, Savannah. Such a strange, wonderful year. I wish the show had lasted because the soap opera world fascinated me and I enjoyed getting a glimpse of their reality. Those actors were the hardest working lot I've ever known...basically a new play to memorize and perform every single day. Unbelievable."

Stacy also mentioned about how her work on Santa Barbara led to her landing the role of Sissel on Christy:

"'Sissel' was a role that was written for me by Pam Long, one of the head writers on the soap opera Santa Barbara, where we had worked together for a year. I adored the character and the actors on the show (Tyne Daly, Tess Harper, Kellie Martin... I felt like I had died and gone to heaven.) Shooting in the Smoky Mountains was remarkable. We were separated from the real world and sent back in time...it was all about the work, telling a story, making a difference. It was a perfect experience."

Here she is singing the music of Miss Peggy Lee:

I'm going to put all this in the "where are they now" thread, too...but I thought you guys would also find the post-SB connection between Stacy Sullivan and Pam Long interesting.

Edited by amybrickwallace