Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've seen it before on DVD but not in years. Please post.

I'm still searching for the sequence when Mason attempts to hold a business meeting while Eden is in Hawaii with Cruz so he can proxy her vote. Lane Davies is HILARIOUS in that sequence and I've only found it once.

• Members

This was on YouTube once... and it either got taken down or buried... but I loved the sequence where Mason broke into CC's bedroom while he was with Gina and brandished a sword. It was obviously during the Charles Bateman era, but the scene was so damn good!!

• Members

Hehe, I regularly visit that site but thanks for posting for those that don't know about it! Actually, Nicolas was the very first SB fan to have clips from the show uploaded onto his site, even before the days of YouTube. I LOVED it. I wish I had my old computer because I used to be on a mailing list that sent me Cruz's Trial (over Elena's Murder) in its entirety and it was nothing short of amazing!

Thank GOD for SlutNamesWereUsed on Youtube. He literally has most of Cruz & Eden's entire storyline posted on his site, including all the Santana stuff. It's how I got hooked on the Victoria Lane storyline. What I REALLY like about it is he leaves in scenes that are C & E related, but don't necessarily have them in it. I've literally gotten to see everyone in those clips, Gina, Keith, Augusta, Sophia, CC, Kelly, Santana, Ted, Julia (and I LOVE Julia/Eden and Julia/Cruz interactions) and Lane Davies' Mason, who is nothing short of brilliant in his interactions with EVERYONE. God, upon re-watch, I realize how truly irreplaceable Lane was.

As much as I grew to like Gordon Thomson, he couldn't even come close to that droll line delivery (and the subtext! THE SUBTEXT!) that Lane Davies gave in every scene. It's too bad the show was pushing so hard for A Martinez to win that Lane never submitted his name, until that dreadful Sonny Sprockett storyline. Judith McConnell and Jed Allan never submitted either, which to me is CRAZY!

Then again, that's when JFP invented bloc-voting, which largely contributed to all of SB's acting nods, and the much deserved wins of Justin Deas (twice!), Justin Gocke, Nancy Lee Grahn, Marcy Walker, and A Martinez. I still wish that Robin Mattson had won for one of her nods and that Louise Sorel had gotten a nomination at some point. They were two of the most entertaining actresses on the show! I think the only time daytime awarded a comedic actress was when Leann Hunley won, or was there another comedic winner?

• Members

Dorothy Lyman won as Opal Gardner -- twice, I think.

I completely agree with you about Lane Davies. His Mason is one of my favorite soap characters ever -- so much so that I could never buy Terry Lester or Gordon Thomson in the role. And I'm shocked that neither Allan nor McConnell submitted themselves for an Emmy. I loved Allan as DAYS' Don, but CC was his crowning achievement. And I hated McConnell as AW's Miranda, but she was sooo good on SB.

• Members

They were being team players. Jed & Judith's bread and butter were the nominations and wins for A and especially Marcy. You can see in their faces how genuinely thrilled they were when she won and I thought it was extremely gracious and telling that she thanked both of them (and A, of course) in her speech. In fact, I also thought it was a VERY classy move for her to thank her former co-stars at AMC before she even began to get into the SB cast. It ranks among my favorite Emmy speeches of all-time, right up there with Susan Lucci and both of Maura West's speeches, especially the 2nd one when she brought her daughter onto the stage.

Edited by juniorz1

• Members

A few more episodes

I didn't know Ted was having any problems with CC at this time (beyond the angst over insta-child)? What were they? I guess he was gone not long after this.

I didn't know Kelly ever worked at Capwell. Did that just start when Carrington took over the role? Robin's Kelly never had a job (beyond being kidnapped or on the run) did she?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M75ny_ieZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soVuIV7sj9o