dm.

Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

20 years ago today (January 15, 1993), NBC aired the final episode of Santa Barbara. The following Monday, NBC returned Scrabble to the daytime lineup and premiered Scattergories. Both game shows would end a little less than 5 months later on June 11, with Caesar's Challenge replacing Scattergories on June 14.

20 years ago today (January 15, 1993), NBC aired the final episode of Santa Barbara. The following Monday, NBC returned Scrabble to the daytime lineup and premiered Scattergories. Both game shows would end a little less than 5 months later on June 11, with Caesar's Challenge replacing Scattergories on June 14.

And today, in the SON Blog section, "Return to Santa Barbara" RETURNS with BRAND NEW EPISODES!!! You DO NOT want to miss this if you are a Santa Barbara fan.

Joe and Augusta have amazing chemistry, and they both have such presence. Not to mention that Dane WItherspoon and Louise Sorel are just stunningly gorgeous specimens.

I don't understand how the show could not see Witherspoon's appeal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcE5lgdlUO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S8H0fxKpnk

Edited by CarlD2

December 1987 Daytime TV

DTV1287001_zps2785ed3a.jpg

DTV1287002_zps651f3912.jpg

DTV1287003_zps1eb9bcec.jpg

DTV1287004_zps2b74a53b.jpg

Pardon my French, but HOLY SH!T to the Robin Strasser answer. Does anyone else think Bridget had her in mind to play PAMELA CAPWELL CONRAD?!? Oh what could have been. Strasser, Allan, and LaMcConnell?

Sounds DELICIOUSO to moi! [/Marlena delaCroix]

Oh and THANK YOU Carl for posting that!

I wasn't sure if that was Bridget or the magazine, but Robin would have been a great choice. Can you imagine her facing off with Judith McConnell?

I'm glad you got a chance to read it.

Bridget said she was interested in Robin Strasser and had JUST the role for her. That was during the time they were casting Pamela. There's NO WAY Bridget could have been speaking about any other character in her answer. (I'm not talking about the last quote, I'm talking about the answer Bridget gave to wanting Robin Strasser and having put feelers out for her- it clearly HAD to be Pamela she wanted her for).

Had that happened, the Dobsons may never have been ousted.