Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

From the comment they feel very discouraged which I understand and probably wouldn't try a third time.

It is a lot of time and work uploading those. I imagine getting it all wiped out in an instant and all that work for nothing can be pretty dispiriting and why such uploaders usually don't try again.

• Members

Thank you! I would even pay a reasonable amount if some of the fee went towards giving the actors residuals. Sorry, I dont believe Sony (is that who owns New World now?) Needs more money.

I have a zillion CC and Sophia scenes that are still there. But not the same as whole episodes.  

I mean I *Do* enjoy other characters too. And I was just to the baby contract. 

• Members

Hi guys! So, I have had a backup plan all along, but it is not for the faint of heart, as it is in Russian. There has been a dedicated Russian website that has uploaded the entire show, but the episodes have been linked in various versions in each post. The episodes have stayed for many years now, I believe the first upload was around 2008 or so, so it makes me feel like it will continue being there for a while since it's sort of obscure and very hard to find unless you speak Russian. I am now at around the 400th episode when YouTube took it down and will continue watching from that site. If anybody is willing to do some work to register I may be able to guide you how to register there and continue watching

I wanted to add that I was hesitating with my post because I'm not sure if an influx of new users will put the website I mentioned in jeopardy. I doubt it, though. It has been up, like I mentioned, for many many years, but 99% of users are speakers of Russian. You cannot even see the video archive there unless you are a registered member, and registration is approved by the moderator, and in my case, it took about two weeks for me to get my registration approved. I didn't have to do anything, I was just being patient. I almost wanted to write to the message board administrator why my registration was pending and then I saw that I was approved and became a registered member. Everything there is organized neatly and a lot of work was put into it. It looks like a regular message board and each post contains a link/links to each episode. There are multiple versions of each episodes posted. The episodes themselves are in English, but there are also links to versions in Russian, French, and German. I believe these are the most common languages there. The episodes themselves are not on that message board but linked to cloud storage sites. Most episodes have stayed up for years. If an episode is deleted, a regular user  can just message the administrator with a notification, and then that episode is re-uploaded within a couple of days.

Yes, it is a more obscure way to watch chronologically. The YouTube way was just neatly stacked into playlists by our dedicated YouTuber. Somehow I knew that this YouTube thing wasn't going to last too long. 

If you would like to continue watching the YouTube way though, I suggest you just put in something like "Santa Barbara 401" and there will be a 50 to 75% chance you will still find your episode. I know of at least one more playlist that has been up and it contains over 900 episodes in English. If you can't find it, DM me. Good luck, everyone and see you around.

PS not sure why I have a quote from amybrickwallace in the middle of my post. I think I had edited something in my previous posting and somehow it carried over to this post. But anyway, I think it's glitching and it won't let me delete it

Edited by Lex S
Adding

• Members

Actually- she is apparently starting again. I must say I would've found a different platform after they were deleted the second time, seems like an exercise in futility.

Lex S that is interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm very appreciative of the Russian fans - I have some eps I got from someone and the amount of work they put into it was amazing .

Interesting how popular it is in Russia. I think there was even an art installation in a museum or something a few years ago. Can't remember the details.

Edited by Keri

• Members

Yes, unfortunately, it did. Copyright infringement happened to them, and the main channel was removed... which means when episodes go back up, I'll likely have to re-start a second time, because I can't remember which episode I left off on.

He isn't. Copyright strikes were happening like they did last time. Plus, many had mentioned episodes were online to Robin Wright, etc.