Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

The other thing to keep in mind is that it was only on for 8-9 years.  Other soaps like Y&R and AW migrated away from their core families after their first decade on air and this seems like the direction that Pam Long was taking.  However, I am certain that if SB had veered away from the Capwells many fans would decry the backburnering of the core family, so sometimes you can't win either way...

Edited by j swift

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird Judith got flack for playing a Hispanic character. Don't they know white Hispanics exist? We  aren't all Mestizo's. We come in assorted flavors of humanity. European, Sub-Saharan Africa, Native American/East Asian. And of course admixed.

Alan referred to Robert Gentry as deceased. Mr. Gentry is alive. Judith was great. In spite of Alan.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Mine is " How do you rate me on a scale of angel to monster?" (Mason to Mary), but, honestly, as we all know, Mason's musings are some of the best parts of SB

I just recently read stats on who was in more episodes, and I believe that A Martinez was in more episodes than anyone else on the show and Lane Davies is in the Top 3 even though he left in 1989. But, yes, I believe lengthwise Judith was the longest running portrayer. 

Few remember that she was the second Dominic actress. Honestly, with those disguises, it is not difficult at all since we didn't know at the time it was supposed to have been Sophia.

Edited by Lex S
Grammar

• Members

Judith McConnell's was one of Locher's better interviews.  His interviews are always stronger when he is less familiar with his guests and hasn't worked with them previously.  

But McConnell deserves all credit for making the interview shine -- she's a natural storyteller and was candid, honest, emotional and shared both personal and professional memories.  The highlight was her recounting of her daughter's adoption during her time on SB.  

She is as beautiful and sharp as ever.  A shame no one is offering her roles now -- she said she would like to work more.  But her life as a mother and new grandmother is full and joyful.  Happy for her that she has found such happiness out of the spotlight.