Big Brother 9: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My reactions to the cast interviews...

Sheila has a much younger personality than she looks. She reminds me of a reformed "Rock of Love" girl, LoL. Very laid back, humorous and likable. Being a mother is very important to her. She thinks she'll be labeled as the "single mom cougar." I thought she would be a total bitch when I saw her picture... glad to see she's got an enjoyable personality. She has an interesting past, too. :)

Sharon seems very average to me. A cheerleader type, but not a complete airhead. There's some potential that she could tap into... she could be the dramatic type if she's put into a situation with someone she doesn't like. Let's hope she hates her 'soulmate,' LoL.

Ryan... meh. Your average Big Brother 'dude.' Reminds me of Mike (BB8) and Hardy (BB2).

Parker seems nice, and unintentionally charming. With the big fro, I had an impression that he would be more of an in-your-face personality, but he actually seems pretty reserved, if not a little shy. Very clean guy, doesn't it when people use pee on the toilet and don't wash their hands after using the bathroom, etc. I think he'll go early. His personality isn't strong enough.

Neil reminds me of a less flambuoyant Bobby Trendy, LoL. He definitely has a gay voice. Not so much a lisp, but definitely homo sounding, LoL. It could get annoying. He's like the fourth person in a row that I've heard talking about their pet peeve of nasty/unclean people. I don't think he seems as self-obsessed as he did in his MySpace pictures. He could be really nice or he could be a giant ass. It's hard to tell...

Natalie is less nuts than I thought she would be, LoL. She's very body conscious, I think. Loves prancing around in a bikini. Very energetic and talkative. She's a huge Big Brother fan and can't believe she's actually on the show. Damn, she never shuts her mouth, LoL. She'll get very annoying on the feeds. She just goes and goes and goes...

Matt has a very thick accent. Boston accent, I think? I'm not sure. He comes across as a ladies man, although he says that most of his ex-girlfriends hate him. Afraid his family will see him having sex on the live feeds. Probably will be very horny and looking to get laid.

Allison seems stuck on herself. Very manipulative and scheming. I think she'll be very two-faced.

Joshuah is very energetic. Lots of manipulative potential. He says he plans to stab people in the back. He says that he can verbally abuse people very strongly and make you "feel like a piece of [!@#$%^&*]." He's the leader of situations, always in control. Ooh, he wants to be a soap actor! He says that he watches "The Young & The Restless" and "The Bold & The Beautiful" religiously and wants to meet Brooke Logan more than anything in the world. LoL! He says he doesn't know any other woman who's slept through an entire family like her. Victor Newman is his hero. Wow, he's a BIG soap fan! I love it, considering that I'm a soap freak, myself.

Jen is the girl next door. Very talkative, but her personality is pretty average, I think. She expects to get emotional and cry once in a while. Meh.

James is exactly as I thought he would be. He seems crazy and outgoing at times, and then very serious and intelligent at the same time. He says he's in this for the experience of meeting different people moreso than he's in it for the money. He thinks he'll get along with everyone but he expects it to be alot like highschool where the different cliques want to make him choose a side.

Jacob has slow speech or something, LoL. It's hard to describe. He sounds like someone who's either drunk or just woken up from a long sleep. He gives me creepy/weird vibes. Ewwww. I don't wanna finish watching his video! He reminds me of a serial killer or something. Ooh, he did say that he would flirt with "a homosexual" if there's one in the house because he's comfortable with his sexuality. On one hand, that wins him points with me, but on the other hand... "a homosexual?" LoL

Chelsia is very likable! I thought she would be a total bitch, but she's actually very enjoyable and sweet. She likes older men. Only started watching Big Brother last season and was blown away by how competetive it was. She's had everything pierced, but not anymore. She isn't the type to get walked all over ("I'm not a rug") and she plans to tell people how she feels about them to their face... no two-faced behavior.

Amanda's voice is so annoying! Reminds me of Jessica's from BB8 with the whole "little girl" voice. I don't think she's as dumb as she sounds, but with her voice she ends up coming across as a complete airhead. She says her appearance is very important to her. Ooh, the things she's saying actually makes sense. She's nowhere near as dumb as her voice makes her sound, LoL. I think she'll be very aware of other people and their perceptions of her. She plans to use everyone thinking she's dumb to her advantage.

Alex? Ehhh... average. Very cute, he has an enjoyable personality, but nothing stands out to me. He says he would like to be labeled as "the hot guy."

Adam's mouth really, really annoys me, LoL. His teeth, the way he moves his lips. I hate it! LoL He says he's got money and he's really just looking forward to the game. I think he thinks he's cuter than he really is. He reminds me somewhat of Howie from BB6. A meathead type. He's going to get on my nerves.

This cast has lots of potential, IMO.

• Members

Some new videos!

Julie Chen discusses the new twist...

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4b0kf

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads...amp;o=&vc=1

Alison Grodner discusses the new season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNqQkTs0X3s

House tour with The Chenbot! :)

http://www.cbs2.com/video/[email protected]

Video of the new sauna room. Check out all the condoms in that bowl! I swear, Grodner is hoping for the sex this year, LoL. Between "coupling" them all up, turning off the A/C to get them all hot/naked and casting a bunch of skanks, I'm thinking the producers are hoooornyyyy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rAOtfAYTj8

Extended interviews with each of the houseguests...

http://cbs2.com/video/[email protected]

• Members

For anyone wondering, here's what the feeds are showing right now...

NASA! LoL

Yes, live feeds of outer space. Nasa. I keep hoping that I'll see a UFO fly by! LoL

BBFeed.jpg

Check this out. Their spaceship is damaged! That thing poking up is the "thermal blanket" and it's not supposed to be up like that. They're like, "Houston, we have a slight problem..." LoL. Excitement!

BBFeed2.jpg

I think they just said someone's going to fix it tomorrow. They're also doing a space walk tomorrow... woohoo! LoL

The Big Brother feeds will start on Tuesday after the show's west-coast premiere.

• Members

CBS’S FIRST-EVER WINTER EDITION OF “BIG BROTHER” WILL KEEP FANS WARM ON-AIR (CBS), ONLINE (REALNETWORKS®, CBS.COM AND THE CBS AUDIENCE NETWORK), ON THE PHONE (CBS MOBILE) AND ON CABLE (SHOWTIME!)

The Ninth Edition of “Big Brother” Premieres Feb. 12 With One-Hour Episodes to Air Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays

Redesigned and Relaunched “Big Brother” Site on CBS.com

CBS and RealNetworks® Join Forces for Another Season of Exclusive 24/7 Live Internet Feeds, Available Through CBS.com and SuperPass

The CBS Audience Network to Offer Full-Length Episodes and Highlight Clips Online

“House Calls: The Big Brother Talk Show” Returns for Its Fifth Season on CBS.com with Host Gretchen Massey and New Co-Host “Big Brother 8″ Winner “Evel” Dick Donato

For the First Time, CBS Mobile and MediaFLO USA Will Be Streaming the Entire Season of “Big Brother: ‘Til Death Do You Part” Giving Fans 24/7

Access to New Houseguest Activities

CBS Mobile Will Also Simulcast Episodes of “Big Brother” Live

CBS and Showtime Partner Again to Bring Viewers Three Hours of Live Nightly Action from Inside the “Big Brother” House

The first-ever winter edition of BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART kicks off with expanded multi-media platforms which will include presentations of the series on-air (CBS), online (RealNetworks, CBS.com, the CBS Audience Network), on the phone (CBS Mobile) and, for a second season, on cable (SHOWTIME) when BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART premieres Tuesday, Feb. 12 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT).

CBS’s BIG BROTHER multi-platform initiative includes the following elements:

BIG BROTHER on CBS:

· BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART will be broadcast three nights weekly on Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), the live eviction show, hosted by Julie Chen, on Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 PM live ET/delayed PT) and Sundays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

BIG BROTHER ONLINE:

· REDESIGNED AND RELAUNCHED SITE ON CBS.COM to include:

- New streamlined and clean design to encourage content discovery and easy spotlighting of the most relevant content.

- More videos and photos than ever before along with an in-page viewer player for seamless watching.

- BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART widget which allows you to take the Big Brother House anywhere on the Web

- Increased Community features and functionality including a Big Brother Message Board.

• Full-length episodes, highlight clips and other content from BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART will be available across the vast CBS Audience Network, allowing a community of fans to watch the programs online and incorporate clips into their blogs, wikis, widgets and interact and discuss BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART on message boards. The CBS Audience Network consists of online partners such as AOL, Microsoft, CNET Networks, Comcast, Joost, Bebo, Netvibes, Sling Media and Veoh and social application partners including Automattic, Brightcove, Clearspring, DAVE Networks, Goowy Media, meebo, MeeVee, Musestorm, Ning, RockYou!, Slide, VideoEgg, Voxant and vSocial as well as Web sites from CBS’s 29 owned television, 144 radio, and up to 183 affiliated stations.

• CBS and RealNetworks®, Inc., join forces for the eighth straight season to provide exclusive 24/7 live streaming video from inside the Big Brother house. The webcast coverage debuts immediately following the Feb. 12 premiere of BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART and will be accessible through the official BIG BROTHER Web site at CBS.com and through Real’s SuperPass subscription service at www.real.com/bigbrother.

The entire three-month live 24/7 Internet feed of BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART will be available through SuperPass. Subscribers to the 24/7 video stream can watch any one of four live camera feeds from inside the Big Brother house or catch all of the action at once with the special quad-cam view which allows fans to see four different video feeds simultaneously. Subscribers will also have access to an exclusive, subscribers-only Web chat that will allow fans from across the country to converse about what they see live on the feeds. Fans will be able to interact with one another and stay engaged with the show through Big Brother-focused blogs, chat rooms, message boards, weekly polls and other new interactive features.

(As in past years, to preserve the drama for BIG BROTHER television viewers, CBS may block or delay the webcast for a limited number of real-time events that transpire in the house.)

Additional BIG BROTHER elements include:

• HOUSE CALLS: THE BIG BROTHER TALK SHOW, the no-charge, half-hour, live streaming video and on-demand talk show, returns for its fifth season with broadcasts every Monday through Friday (1:00 PM/ET, 10:00 AM/PT) on CBS.com.

HOUSE CALLS will be hosted by radio personality Gretchen Massey along with new co-host BIG BROTHER 8 winner “Evel” Dick Donato. Massey will interact with viewers through phone calls and e-mails, discuss events that transpire in the Big Brother house, offer prognostications, analyze strategies and interview former “Big Brother” Houseguests as well as current Houseguests following their eviction.

• The BIG BROTHER official Web site on CBS.com, will create an online community for fans to congregate and interact. Content will include summaries of all the events that happen during each televised broadcast; descriptions of the week’s challenges; voting history pages; photo galleries; a houseguest section with complete profiles and message boards.

• “HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD BLOG” returns for its third season in which fans will be able to hear straight from the Head of Household about life in the Big Brother house, what it is like to be under the constant gaze of dozens of cameras and watched live on the Internet 24/7. In addition, Inside the House photos taken by the Head of Household via an exclusive CBS.com cam will be featured.

BIG BROTHER Mobile:

* For the first time, CBS Mobile will stream the entire season of BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART live 24/7 from the Big Brother house via a dedicated channel on the MediaFLO FLO TV service.

* BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART episodes will also be simulcast on CBS Mobile.

* BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART MOBILE PACK: For the mobile subscription package, producers will monitor the action inside the house around the clock to keep fans in the know with video clips, photos, live breaking house alerts and daily insider summaries sent straight to cell phones. Additionally, fans will be able to download exclusive made-for-mobile wallpapers and ringtones from their favorite Houseguests at CBSmobile.com. The service will be available on most major wireless carriers and fans will be able to subscribe via CBSmobile.com and on-air callouts during BIG BROTHER.

* AMERICA’S VOTE: During the season, fans will have the opportunity to cast impact votes. Fans can send in their votes via text message on most major wireless carriers.

* Finally, CBS will provide substantial numbers of mobile video clips from Big Brother on major carriers.

BIG BROTHER on Cable:

* CBS and Showtime will partner again to present “Big Brother: After Dark,” a live look inside the Big Brother house during the late-night hours. “Big Brother: After Dark” will feature a feed from the Big Brother house for three hours (12:00-3:00 AM, live ET/delayed PT), seven days a week, on the cable network’s “SHO2″ channel beginning Tuesday, Feb. 12 .

BIG BROTHER follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day. Each week the Houseguests will vote each other out of the house. At the end, the last remaining Houseguests will receive the grand prize of $500,000 and a second place prize of $50,000.

BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART is executive produced by Emmy Award winner Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan, in association with Endemol U.S.A.

For more information on BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART, log on to http://www.cbs.com/.

BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART broadcast schedule:

Tuesday, Feb. 12

9:00-10:00 PM BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART (Premiere)

Wednesday, Feb. 13

8:00-9:00 PM BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART (Time Period Premiere - First Eviction)

Sunday, Feb. 17

8:00-9:00 PM BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART (Time Period Premiere)

Tuesday, Feb. 19

9:00-10:00 PM BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART

Wednesday, Feb. 20

8:00-9:00 PM BIG BROTHER: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART (Live Eviction)

------------------------------------

According this press release, the show will last three months (or so the 'live feed' paragraph states) and the first eviction will be THIS WEDNESDAY!

Archived