Writer's Strike Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well....LEGAL is the key word. Force Majeure is suppose to be invoked when an "Act of God" happens. So if a writer was force majeured, I think the writer could fight it through the legal system because the strike isn't an "Act of God".......It's all very tricky and confusing.

• Members

Please, God, I hope this is true!

However, I have two worries...

One, I can't imagine Hogan wanting to come back to work for a man who just fired/tried to fire him last week. The second reason is that I feel this might be a technicality. Perhaps Corday couldn't legally fire them when they were on strike (Is that true? I thought I read that if you're on strike after so many days you can be let go?) so now they have their jobs back, but he's planning to bring the axe down again on Monday or something... this time legally.

Who knows? Eeeeee! I'm so excited though. I pray to God that this is all true and Hogan/the team are back permanently.

Doesn't this also mean that Dena Higley would have to be out? *squeals*

• Members

Well, he mentioned all sorts of rumors flying and mentioned Days in that line too. He could've easily denied them if he had an idea there was no chance or if it wasn't likely.

I hope to God this is true. I always wondered about Higley. Fi-Core or not, how can Higley remain as HW if she has been writing during the strike. Her being Fi-Core means Days is exempt from awards (which they don't get anyway but would other writers want to be on her team considering that?) and if she isn't Fi-Core she was outed publicly by Hinsey as writing during a strike and that is not good for her. Why would even an imbecile like Corday want to deal with all that flak? The writers that have been striking won't want to work with her considering all that based on unity, especially if she has been doing it in secret like it appears she may be.

I just don't get why she would remain after the strike no matter what she is. It does more harm then good, even without mentioning the actual story she is telling.

I am just happy there is even a smidge of hope that Hogan and co are returning. I am 100% for that, no doubt. At the very least, I get the sense here we may be at least rid of Higley based on the wording of that Days tidbit. I guess the question is would Corday be stupid enough to fire them all without exercising force majere? He's not the sharpest tool in the shed so I guess it's possible :lol:.

• Members

Well, I´m not a lawyer and don´t know the writers contracts but I do think WGA will might want to make an example from the DAYS scab. I mean, no other show dared to betray the strike so openly. Other soaps may had some writers going fi-core or writing scripts secretly, but only on DAYS we had scab who forced herself into the team just before the strike, got rid off the official striking team during the strike and after the strike should be officially named as new HW.

It´s like Corday and this scab are openly laughing WGA into the face and with Sheffer, Casiello and others being huge supporters of the strike I could see WGA going long way to support them and secure their jobs back.

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived