Writer's Strike Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And we might see a similar situation to what happened when LML first came on board as head writer. Initially, when she first came on, LML kept Kay Alden and Jack Smith on as co-head writers. But as the months passed and LML flexed her muscle, first Smith and then Alden were ousted from the show. And given how, IIRC, LML CHOSE to stop her show-running duties when the strike began and was not required to by the terms of the strike, Griffith, who stayed loyal to the show while LML and her staff of family and friends were picketing, might get the support of TPTB in such a power struggle.

And if they're brought back (since it's never been reported anywhere that the whole staff was fired), I wonder if perhaps they, too, might not be comfortable sticking around once they realize their pal Lynn doesn't hold all the power at the top anymore, leading to them seeking greener pastures (and maybe following their "leader") over time?

• Members

Received this as a comment on my MySpace page from a friend of mine --

Look what I just found on Dustins Days Of Our Lives Page: Update! Days Writers Re-Hired?

Deadline Hollywood Daily is reporting that at the WGA East's meeting this weekend on the resolution to the writers strike, that it was announced that the fired "Days" writers would all be getting their jobs back, because of technicalities that a fired striking writer must be replaced by another striking writer, not scab writers.

Hopefully this is true and Hogan and the other writers fix Corday & Dena Higley's mistake and dont let Brandon & Martha leave!

• Members

I'm so bothered by Alburger's remarks during all of this. I'm sure she didn't say it with her nose in the air, but anyone should know that when you talk to the press, you need to be very careful the context you put your responses in. She gave all writers a bad name. I know many writers who are teaching during the strike, and Tom Caselo talked in his blog about happily going back to retail to pay his bills. I hate the impression this gives.

• Members

Isn't Marina a LML writer? That's not good news if she thinks she's returning. Oh dear! We're going to be on pins and needles waiting to see what happens to Y&R. I know if LML returns I refuse to watch. Not a single episode, unless she kills off a fave like Jill or Katherine. I'd have no choice but tune in for that, otherwise? LML can suck it.

• Members

Uhm, have you read what Tom Casiello said in his interview with Toups?

Hogan could not write for characters such as Marlena, etc. because of whatever reason. We all know Corday was interfering there. He probably had no money left over from paying off JER's contract, so he had to stop using the key vets.

I don't understand why people continously blame Sheffer when we have ALL seen what he is capable of. We've seen it the past two autumns.

• Members

I don't think Corday is the big bad people think he is, the interviews with Peter Brash and Casiello have backed me up on that. Sheffer on the other hand did the exact same things with vets on ATWT and admitted he didn't know how to write for the over 40 crowd. Was Corday producing that show? No. It was Hogan and Chris Goutman.

Not using the vets, focusing on a few characters, tons of teens and lots of newbies is what Hogan was doing his last few years at ATWT.

Archived