Writer's Strike Thread

• Members

ITA! i think people are way over reacting to what she said.

and this is going to seem ridiculous i know, but i am going to say it because it is true of where i live, and maybe where she lives. $200 to get your hair done is not bad. I go with my Aunt who works in the same business as Marina and she pays damn near $400. and no, going to super cuts wouldn't be anywhere near the same. But then again i also do hair here and there and i am in that business, so...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love nothing more than to write so to have to go off and be a cocktail waitress or a bartender, it’s not for me. I didn’t go to UCLA and earn a bachelor’s degree in communication studies to become a cocktail waitress or work at Nordstrom’s. Those are fine things to be, and fine places to work, but they are not me. It’s not what I came to Los Angeles to do ... I love writing. It’s just who I am.

-Marina 'hackette' Alburger.

PS: Snark Weighs In wrote this...hilarious: http://snarkweighsin.blog-city.com/alburgerupdate.htm

• Members

Well, who does go to college to end up being those things, sweetie? But they call it "paying your dues" for a reason. And what would you do without them there to cut you off when you've had enough cosmopolitans, or help you fit into a pair of Manolo Blahniks that are 1) too expensive, and 2) too small for your feet, anyway? Heck, what would any of us do without them?

I don't mean to harp on this, but this girl is in serious need of an attitude adjustment. Perhaps, we could have Dr. Phil corner her and Elizabeth Page while they're getting hair done together at the salon.

Archived