Writer's Strike Thread

• Members

I don't hate Elizabeth Page, but I don't understand her "hardships", either.

Because, 1) some of that money spent on extravagances (sp?) should have been tucked away in savings, IMO; and 2) there is a difference between living well and living wastefully; and again, IMO, spending that much on a haircut, among other expenditures she outlined in the article, is wasteful.

And IMO, her ordeal throughout the strike does not compare to, say, Marla Kanelos'; so, for her to solicit sympathy for her perceived struggles (and IMO, why else would she write such an article?), to me, is laughable. (Unless, of course, she was going for irony in that piece - in which case, it was lost on me.)

I'm sure EPage suffered tremendously during the strike...but I pray she knows that she could have had it much, much worse.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know Guza's team at GH rocks because the episodes are well structured with good dialogue. Everything about LML's Y&R wasn't working. The dialogue was cheesy, continuity wasn't there (even with her own stuff) and whoever was doing the breakdowns needs to be banned from writing soaps ever. It regularly felt like the editor cut a scene in the middle, then forgot to pick it up. But nope, that was their "brilliant" style. The same style Marina kept saying they were going to "save" Y&R with, post-strike.

In think case I think it's safe to assume most of the people LML brought on aren't fit for daytime. When all the exciting stuff happens during the commercials/weekend, you know you suck.

• Administrator

Aww....man....all this attack on Marina is making me feel bad for her. :( Maybe it's because she's my age, she's young and inexperienced and it's her first soap. It's like a puppy getting kicked around. :( She doesn't have the stature of someone like McTavish, Reilly, Guza - people who have been in the industry for years and can take the abuse.

I think I'm going to champion her, to try and balance things out. I feel for her now.

Archived