Writer's Strike Thread

• Members

You know, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if DAYS is the only soap to get rid of its HW/writing team.

Something tells me that someone at Sony has it out for Y&R and they'll keep Latham, despite the changes that have happened recently on the show and the fact that the show reached over 6 million in total viewers last week without Latham, something it hasn't done in over a year.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know!!!! Why the hell doesn't Sony just can the bitch and announce it! I'm just sick to death over this. Y&R has turned around so much without her at the helm...I am just remaining hopeful that someone out there knows something we don't and that she had indeed been fired. If she does return...ugh Y&R will have just signed it's own deathwish.

• Members

Sheffer & team to return?

Latest update from Deadline Hollywood Daily: http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

SATURDAY 4:00 PM: The WGA East's "informational" meeting for membership lasted about 3 hours. Here's more about the NYC confab from a WGA attendee: "The East meeting was insanely civil. Not one chair thrown. I was at the meeting in the same ballroom the second week of the strike, when the same people were sitting up there and were characteristically defensive about why we had gone out and if they knew what they were doing. Today, those same people were not only confident, they were not in the least defensive about the deal -- they were realistic, 180 degrees from the chaos and disarray I smelled three months ago. And they ain't actors. I think if they felt they needed to ram something down our throats, you would have picked up on that immediately. The two big moments for me came very early, when each member of the negotiating committee spoke briefly. Terry George said, 'We have defeated a tradition of rollbacks that began with the air traffic controllers.' That crystallized what we were up against and how far we had come and changing the dialogue. A couple minutes later, Melissa Salmons said, 'For years, I have lived in fear of that DVD formula, that it would be with me for my life. Now we have a deal that have movement in it.' (Later on, she told a daytime writer that the staff of Days of Our Lives, who had all been fired last week, were getting their jobs back. And that a striking writer, if fired, had to be replaced by a striking writer. Not a scab, and not a fi-core member. Big ovation.) I'll stop short of calling it a love fest, but not all that short. Legit questions were raised and respectfully answered. Again, no defensiveness. There was an informal applause poll, and the room was overwhelmingly in favor of ending the strike before a membership ratification vote." (Keep refreshing for latest news...)

• Members

Not necessarily. It doesn't say that the current headwriters couldn't be replaced, just that they couldn't be replaced by a scab or fi-core writer. So LML can still be gone, it's just that Griffith cannot be headwriter either, which I thought we all knew was a likelihood.

Archived