September 10-14, 2007

Toups

• Administrator

Just a side note, I personally did not do that research. I wasn't watching AMC back then. But person who did those credits, did watch AMC and I trust that person. ;)

Maybe.

But JER can do some crazy ass stunt to get the ratings up for a year (just in time for renewal), and then Sony/DAYS can go to NBC or whoever they want and say, "Who wants the #2 soap on the air?" :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually ... that has occurred to me :lol:

But don't forget that it's kind of JER's fault that we're even facing cancellation. Sheffer was brought in to save the show, meaning the show needed a savior before he even came. So if we bring JER back ... we might just be doing this whole thing over again three years down the road.

• Members

Question.

If JER is such a great writer, why is it that......

1. He got ran out of Days on a rail because of the f'ed up stores HE was writing, and.........

2. How well did he do on Passions? Did the EPs hate him on that show too?

He wrote a show he created into the ground after 8 years of (apparently) not ending the majority of his stories, on top of being buried in the bottom of the ratings for almost the entire run of the show. So, if you want, go watch passions on NBC.

Oh, wait. You can't.

It's been cancelled!!!! :lol:

• Members

I am happy to see Sheffer's reputation go down in flames though. No awards, no ratings, no acclaim, nada. Hopefully this means that he won't make a Guza/McTavish-like return to ATWT when DAYS wizens up (or is canceled for his/Corday's ineptitude.)

I dunno, much as I want Hogan's reputation ruined, I want Ed Scott to be this show's savior. DAYS fans deserve it. And screw Langan for starting this landslide.

• Members
:o:angry: I don't get it. DAYS is so much better than it was at the first of the year and it's so low in the ratings. SOAPNET's ratings should be calculated into the final tallies for the soaps IMHO. I bet that more people actually watch DAYS, GH, ONE LIFE and even AMC than B&B or ATWT or GL, since all are on SOAPNET at varying times.

• Members

Thank you!

Don't think JER didn't drive away viewers, he came in and changed Days's identity, while I enjoyed some of his first run and the SSK seemed alright until Melaswan(though....I blame Corday alot for that), it would drive away even more people I feel.

JER and Hogan....I don't think it would go well. Hogan is good IMO he just needs to step it up alot, but if he doesn't and they bring in JER.....things would go wrong....very wrong.

• Members

When you lose your core audience, the ones who've stuck by you through thick and thin, you've lost everything. Because your core audience? Is the same audience you'll never win back, no matter how hard you try. Just ask anyone who suffered through the final, brave days of ANOTHER WORLD, and they'll tell you the same.

• Members

maybe after Corday and Sh. see the ratings they will finally clue in what has brought the ratings up before....write a story for Marlena (d hall) and kill some people off....via a natural disaster...hell id watch if they focused on a vet getting alzhimers ...they need good stories for the vets not just supporting the younger characters...i can't believe these great actors stayed with the show for nothing...

Archived