September 10-14, 2007

Toups

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just knew the time changes and NBCD reshuffle would hurt Days. At least it's a 1.9 though, which isn't too far away from a 2.0, where it was. However, I seriously doubt Days will ever be able to regain and get back into the mid 2.0's ever again. REALLY CRAPPY week for soaps.

You know it's bad when GL's outlook is in much better shape than Days'...

• Members

If this were a few weeks ago, I would agree. Last week was fantastic, especially the end of the week. The vets were heavy on Thursday and Friday.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Days's dailies for Monday and Tuesday were awful and then they rebounded a bit at the end because more happened and I am sure people adjusted to the time slot changes.

Yes, the show isn't perfect but it doesn't deserve a 1.9, especially not for last week. The balance needs to be better but the quality was there. Bad week for everyone really though. It's pretty sad when as bad as Days is doing it's only .3 away from being in the middle of the pack.

• Members

At this point, will that even work anymore? Days has definitely lost its core audience, much like GL did in 2004. Those viewers might never return, no matter what events Corday, Scott, and Sheffer pull out. Days is going to be at the bottom or second to the bottom of the ratings list for a while and has been there for a while, I think it's time to just accept it.

Dailes still aren't in? That might give us a better picture of how things really are.

• Members

Some fans might have stayed with Passions, others turned off the TVs. If some judge show or talk show replaced Passions in some markets and that did better against the CBS and ABC soaps, the other network affilliates will probably start getting ancy to replace their soaps with the same thing.

Glad ATWT held steady.

• Administrator

Hogan Sheffer and Meg Kelly has done something that Gene Palumbo, SSM, Tom Langan, Dena Higley.....and even JER hasn't done.........taken DAYS to last place in HHs!!!!

Bravo you two!! Bravo!!

And Bravo to Ken Corday for mismanaging your finances - idiot!

• Members

DAYS is crap right now. I think they deserves these ratings.

I even think AMC deserved these ratings. It has all been Zendell! Wheres the balance! AMC better they have a better fall. I am looking foward to the Wes/Ritchie/Babe/Annie thing.

Horrible week for Soaps!

Archived