September 10-14, 2007

Toups

• Members

Days needs to just worry about the here and now and not where it's going to be in 2009. The quality has gone up dramatically and the pieces are in place. They just need to use the right people. This week has been far too much Jeremy, Jett, etc. Those are the days that usually have the lowest numbers. That is why I think Days will be lucky if it maintains for this week.

One positive is looking at the spoilers for the next two weeks shows a whole lot of vets and very little Chelsea, Stephanie, etc. If that is the case, that alone can get them back around 2.0-2.1. The feud story may not be what it should be but seeing the vets active usually brings in better numbers.

It's like some have said...October and November will be the big tests. Those will show us what changes were made story-wise under Ed, if any. If Days stays where they are even if they use the vets alot, I would say Ed will probably push for Hogan's firing. I think right now Hogan will remain under the premise that things are being changed but, if after changes are made the show still flounders, Hogan's gone. It's wrong but I can see them doing that because Corday isn't in a position to really convince otherwise. The studio was shut down for two weeks for some purpose. Whatever happened, we should see the results soon.

It should be interesting and I hope that Days does what it needs to do. I am happy with the show overall too and definitely think it deserved better last week but there are things that need to be done to get those numbers up.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In my view, Hogan and the other powers that be used very poor judgement in the Santeen story, pushing Sami into a lead character. She (Ali's great). the character, was not that popular nor that ready and not only that but the LUMI fan base was robbed. I don't miss the vets at all and love the other storylines. Just the dreadful, beyond dreadful Santeen story equalling EJ/Sami.

• Members

I know a lot of people felt DAYS was good last week but I just didn't see it. The show is stuck in the same cycle that it has been since January for whatever reason. Vets out, new focus group in. This show will not survive like this, it is already pulling in PSNS numbers and GL is ahead of it. There is no way you can sell this soap, which used to be vying for the 3rd ranking spot now trying to stay out of last place.

• Members

Sami has been lead for years. The only difference is she wasn't in a story encompassing the whole show and wasn't in one that is so rooted in history as is the Brady's vs the Dimera's. I think their decision to put her in the story was fine but she needs the other vets more actively involved with her in the story. The problem is Days has been pitting Lumi and Ejami fans against each other all summer and all that does is anger two fanbases instead of one. I am sure Corday has been in Hogan's ear all summer with his lovely ideas to how to go about the young cast's stories and the Lucas/Sami/EJ, that is until Ed came in and started upping the quality by leaps and bounds.

Hopefully, Days continues to make the changes they need. They have already made alot of them but more are needed if the show is ever going to get back in the mix and stay there.

• Members

No. They can't stick Bope and J&M and whoever else back on and expect instant ratings. Getting people back into a show is much harder than keeping them or losing them. That's what's so urgent about the situation.

And there's just no getting around the fact that Days needs to relearn basics, about how to get people into new characters, how to maintain continuity, how to create build-up in storylines, etc. This is not just a new class vs old school thing, this is not a supercouples vs supernatural thing, this is that this show can't tell a good storyline from start to finish, and thus viewers are never rewarded for investing, so they stop investing.

• Members

No one is trying to do that. However, the fact that others soaps are dropping, even if it isn't as much as Days has, should not be ignored. Ratings issues should not just be relegated just to Days, who is only .3 away from jumping into the middle of the pack as bad off as they are.

billykill...those are great points. As good as I feel Days is right now, it still lacks as far as applying the basics of what makes a show great. Hopefully, Ed directs them towards those things because I feel like the show is on the right track in some regards but is way off in some others.

• Members

Holy [!@#$%^&*]. As a GL fan, I'm glad to see the show staying out of the basement... but not at the expense of Days. WOW.

I stick behind Sheffer. He does need a lot of work, but let's see how Ed Scott works with him. My biggest fear is they'll ask Reilly back, which is the last thing Days needs. The actors love Ed. Maybe they can work together to bring the show up.

• Administrator

In 2008.....

Written By

James E. Reilly

Hogan Sheffer

:D:lol:

They'll balance each other out. Also, DAYS is still paying Reilly so it's not like they're going to add more the budget! Bring in the man who brought DAYS to #2 in two different decades.

Reilly & Sheffer - now that's the 2008 ticket to support. LOL

Archived