The Tennis Thread

• Members

Is Kei not still being coached by Michael Chang?

This is not generating as much conversation as last year's ATP stars but I wonder whether there might be some maneuvering behind the scenes to change the minds of these players. Just as I said last year, nothing about this sounds good.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have to agree with you there.  Unless Murray is playing someone who brings a completely opposite style of play (which is in short supply these days, since 90% of the both Tours play a hopelessly defensive style of tennis), I find watching him to be somewhat dull and mostly exhausting.  

I didn't expect him to return but when I learned that he'd be returning, I had hoped he'd bring a different, more aggressive style of play. That's not happening.  Now I feel like we're in a real-life version of "Groundhog Day" with the cycle repeating all over again.

And no, the 'tennis gods'  have not decided to make Murray's matches last over 2.5 hours...Murray decides to make these matches stretch into 2.5 hours! He's had some measure of control over all of his less experienced, less heralded opponents this week. He chooses to play extra-lengthy points where he could finish shots like, 7-10 strokes earlier!