Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Denis had an awful year. He was out of the top 30 recently...won a 250 this month and did well in Paris which vaulted his ranking. So he hasn't played a lot of matches since he lost early a lot.

We know his message should've read..

I'm no longer in the gutter in the rankings. I am in the top 20 and no longer need this pathetic next gen JV tournament. I deserve to be in the top 8 in England.

• Members

Paris used to be such a big exciting event, now it is something of joke.  Where are even the last two winners of the event? Jack Sock is at 0 ranking and Karen Khachanov seems to have lost early.

At this point, I'm ready to put a wrap on this season as I don't really care about the Year End Championships for either the ATP or the WTA.  Shenzhen has been an entire dull, lackluster clusterf*ck of injuries, illness and withdrawal (and a quicksand court) and the ATP needs to change the venue from that same old tired London O2 arena location.

Perhaps the NextGen Finals might have something in store but I'm prepared to be disappointed in that too.

The ITF/ATP/WTA money chasing is really deadening this sport.

• Members

I just saw Kohlschreiber’s ranking. 79? Dude had been in the Top 40 since the Bush 2.0 presidency. Wasn’t sure why he fell so precipitously so quickly, but saw he had back-to-back first-round Slam losses (Wimbledon to Novak, USO to Pouille). The Wimbledon loss was particularly devastating to his ranking. Plus, he didn’t defend his 2018 finalist points from Munich, losing in the QF to Berrettini. Some of it is aging and probably shifting priorities after getting married last summer. Some of it is bad draws.