Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was shocked to see it.  I expected to see a replay of Shanghai final. I caved and got Cable again because I was missing so much tennis only to have very little WTA coverage (may cancel it again).

As for Coco, she's really good at keeping the ball in play but sucks as putting the ball away.  She gets by off of opponent errors. This is how Kerber once played.  Won a match with 4 winners.  Pops has some work to do!  Get some power behind that forehand. 

• Members

I agree but at 15, if she stays healthy and focused (that Capriati reference was not the best one 

Please register in order to view this content

), there is a lot of upside in her game.  Of course, I expect that people will also adjust their strategy when they play her now that she's no longer a virtual unknown but I don't expect her game to stay in place either.  

Either way, it should be interesting and today is a milestone achievement for her.

• Members

Well, that’s going to be a question for anyone, especially because he’s Russian. But you have to imagine he’s being tested a lot. The big, prolific champions have usually stated they are tested more. Until there’s a public announcement of a positive test (and if they can nab an iconic superstar like Maria, I suspect anyone can be caught), it’s all speculation.

• Members

I don't get my knickers in a twist like other tennis fans when I see players exhorting themselves because I know it's likely that the player is desperately trying to pump themselves up and summon up some courage.

People were seemingly put out when Monfils was trying to pump himself up during his QF against Berrettini but anyone who has paid attention to Monfils' career knows that he gets very nervous at times of high stress in a match and he was trying to alleviate the stress, but people insist on falling back on assumptions and stereotypes.

I do think that Zverev, even as he tries to exhort himself, it often seems like it's not coming from a genuine place--just kind of like he doesn't truly believe but it sort of looks cool.  If that is the case, he just kind of wasting his energy. 

It's just aggravating when I see people policing people's behavior at every turn.  If he's doing something worth a warning, a point penalty or a fine, by all means he should face consequences.  Otherwise, leave it alone, let the players be themselves a bit more.  It's tiring to see so much nitpicking sometimes.