The Tennis Thread

• Members

Venus is going to have to score another come-from-behind victory. She’s done it many times before in recent years. 

Monfils sends Querrey packing. Does the Wakanda sign again in celebration. Love that.

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

People of color bringing it for American tennis. Mackie McDonald, Tiafoe, the Williams, Sloane, Madison, et al. Not to mention up-and-comers like Vickery, Gauff, Mmoh, Liu, Osuigwe. Would be great if they were actually promoted on the level of Fritz. Might help bring down those aging demos.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I like McDonald's game more than Tiafoe, Fritz and THE MARK IS RIGHT HERE!!  McDonald's game flows better in every facet. 

Fritz is a rich pompous ass. I've never cared for him or his game. At least he told the media to stop pimping his sorry ass game. 

And THE MARK IS RIGHT HERE IS RICH TOO....they mentioned how he wants to be this investment banker after he retires since his dad owns this big firm....I'm like why don't you start now....his game sucks anyways. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Now Halep is out to Hsieh. 9 of the top 10 seeds (including No. 1) gone on the women’s side. Hsieh really redlined.

Meanwhile, Cibulkova is on a mission. She’s basically saying, “You didn’t give me a seed? I’ll play like one while all of the so-called top seeds crash out. I’M STILL HERE, BITCHES!”

• Members

Women’s Round of 16 matches set:

Hsieh vs Cibulkova 

Ostapenko vs Sasnovich 

Van Uytvanck vs Kasatkina 

Kerber vs Bencic

Pliskova vs Bertens

Goerges vs Vekic

Serena vs Rodina

Giorgi vs Makarova 

LOL at Ostapenko having the best follow-up result after winning her first Slam:

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Kyle blew it. He should've beaten Joker after winning the first set. He stepped off the gas. I hate Joker. He was an ass during today's match to no surprise. Good thing the fans clapped after he got warned for taking too much time. I didn't Joker was that great today. I am hoping Krygios gets his head together so he can beat Joker in the QF unless Kach can take him out.

And Tiafoe?

Please register in order to view this content

WTF was that?? That's what ESPN gets for pimping him. And John Isner is getting pimp to the hills by ESPN and Brad Gilbert. I don't know how many times I've heard .....this is a great chance for John to make the semis.....it sounds like a damn recording. Let's hope Tsitsipas beats him on Monday. 

I still like Del Po chances in winning it all. 

• Members

Novak is so used to being the villain that the boos only emboldened him (again, see the 2015 USO final against Fed with a rude and partisan crowd against him, a final he won). I love his defiance, but he does desperately need to speed things up while serving.

• Members

He'll never get the love he wants from fans especially with his continued antics. I actually thought the crowd was pleasant considering Kyle was up a set. I thought the crowd would've been louder. I guess they were more passionate about Henman and Murray. 

I hadn't realized Novak was 31 already. Hope he retires soon ...I just can't with him.....

And Krygios.....ugh...why doesn't he stop playing? I am so sick of these performances. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Kei reads Nick’s serve better than anyone, I think. There’s a reason he’s 4-0 against him.

Meanwhile, the men’s Round of 16:

Federer vs Mannarino 

Monfils vs Anderson

McDonald vs Raonic

Isner vs Tsitsipas

Khachanov vs Djokovic 

Nishikori vs Gulbis

Del Potro vs Simon

Vesely vs Nadal

Edited by Faulkner