The Tennis Thread

• Members

Another tournament, another first round loss for Sock. I wonder if he’ll repeat last year and vulture a late-season title when everyone else is injured.

Hmm, Dominic, ya think? Good that he’s coming around to the realization that he needs to pace himself if he wants to succeed beyond the clay courts.

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And Sock was up 2 sets to none...LMAO....LOLOLOL....yet he continues to rise in the rankings. He is not losing any points because last year he lost first round too and the guys ahead of him had better results and lost early so he goes up....ridiculous. All his points are in Paris....the 1000 and the year ending matches he won. I am assuming he will lose all the year ending match points since he won't qualify for year ending? Jack has been playing horrible and for him to be ranked in the top 15 is ridiculous. 

As for Them....he didn't look right a Halle. He wasn't going full force and the same for today's match. You'd think his coaches would've already tailed back his schedule. 

Jack Sock has

360 semi points from Cincy tourney

1000 points from Paris indoors

400 points year ending round robin ---------> These he will automatically lose since he won't qualify.

He currently has 2075 points and ranks #13.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

So what happened between Mateo and Jack? Jack told him some [!@#$%^&*] after the match. Jack called for the trainer....lawd he hasn't played enough matches all year to be injured. He needs to get into shape to get rid of all his blubber.....

I loathe both. Joker is still ranked #30 after this win although he won't have any more points to defend after Wimbledon.  With the Nazi only doing well in Aussie Land...he will drop out of the top 100 in January....LOLOLOL

• Members

Novak fan here. It’s probably one of the few matches in which he had the majority of tennis fans beyond Serbs and #nolefam on his side. But then again, you never know. 

Apparently, Sock skipped press, so I’m assuming he’ll face a fine:

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

And the fairytale man Marco Cecchinato from Paris lost today......although his ranking went up even after loss

Please register in order to view this content

Umm....Jack is lucky this was not another player because he would've been flatten on the court after what he said. Jack Sock is a total ass. I've never cared for him as a person or player. I see that ESPN hasn't said squat about it. They did show when he said something to Matteo but the audio was so low you couldn't hear anything. What he said doesn't surprise me at all. He is gutter trash. I've seen how he reacts to gay posters on social media. It's not good. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Wow at Linette/Putintseva. Who’s going to blink first in this match? Surely, it’s going to be suspended soon. Could be the WTA’s answer to Isner/Mahut.

Edit: Putintseva won 10-8.

Sharapova OUT!!

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Sock did shake hands with the umpire....Jakub got that wrong......

ESPN makes no mention of Sock losing....

Please register in order to view this content

typical ESPN. Their coverage has been awful. This morning they spent 30 min talking about nothing while matches went on....horrible.