The Tennis Thread

• Members

The big tournament will be the US Open when she breaks Margaret's record and goes ahead to 25. I am sure the finals will be sold out before the tournament starts. Too bad the finals isn't broadcast on primetime like it use to. The ratings will be big. 

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Anderson has been so mentally fragile so that’s HUGE for him. Dude had never even won a set off Federer or even pushed him to a TB before today. To come back from two sets down and saving match points is amazing composure and endurance. 

But... one of the servebots (Anderson, Isner, or Raonic) will make the final. Can you imagine if Isner gets through?

Still, Anderson’s performance is inspiring. I’ve never been a huge fan (even though he seems like a nice guy), but the fact he didn’t break himself shows so much growth.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I watched that 4-3 game. Wow, the twists and turns, with both players putting their bodies on the line. Nadal looks to be in great form, but a VERY physical, nearly five-hour match has to take its toll compared to the relatively light match Djokovic played.

I’m aghast at the possibility of an Isner final or TITLE. Isner has an 8-3 h2h against Anderson. Not that records have mattered that much here, with Anderson overcoming a 0-4 deficit against Federer to beat him. Still, Isner is serving and moving better than usual.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I am sure that the 10 people that stayed for the match enjoyed it. It sure was a ghost town during their match. Deserved considering how boring the match was. I can't believe how bad this tournament got. Either Isner or Anderson in the finals? Lawd....that's bad. The last time Anderson made a final the ratings were really really bad. Isner making the final....lawd we would never hear the end of it from ESPN or TC. Now they are saying he could win the whole thing. John Isner being a major champion is wrong for so many reasons. Raonic got injured again during the Isner match...lawd just retire early.......

Since the 4 finalist left all suck....hell might as well open up more the wound to Roger and have Nadal win Wimbledon and question once again if Roger really is the GOAT.

Lawd either Inser or Anderson at #6 after their match.....Anderson holds that spot right now......and if Anderson wins it all he could be #4 in the world with Isner #5 in the world.....awful.....LOL

I hadn't realized how old John was already at 33......talk about having a good year and then next year his game turns back into that pumpkin.......LOL.......

And Justin Gimbelstob coaching all over the place during John's match and never got warned....and he wasn't hiding it either.........

And Roger

Please register in order to view this content

he looked totally crushed after the loss.......glad he lost. 

• Members

ESPN made him as another analyst. I thought it was ridiculous. Darren Cahill has the same problem with Simona and ESPN. They shouldn't be allowed to do both IMO. At least LD has the dignity to never talk about Madison's matches...she avoids it at all costs......The worst is Justin Gimblestob who isn't even Isner's coach yet apparently still coaches him and comments on his matches and does illegal coaching on the side like he did during his match with Raonic. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I like Patrick as an analyst aside from that. He always has great insights and doesn’t always play favorites like the McEnroes or Brad Gilbert or, the worst, Gimelstob.

Cilic is probably kicking himself for letting that Pella match slip away. This may have been his best shot at grabbing that second Slam title without Federer in the way. Meanwhile, everyone else is gaining confidence.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Funny you say that because Patrick's favorites are mine too. He usually goes for the opposite of what ESPN does...and yes he doesn't play favorites. As a TC commentator ....Gimelstob should not be allowed to  set and cheer and illegally coach in another players box that he is not coaching. He stop coaching because he was having material problems and yet he got divorced and all of sudden starts sitting in John's box fully dressed in his TC attire but today I guess they gave him the day off because he wasn't dressed up. ESPN would angel the camera to Gimbelstob and he was coaching John and John would look up at him and acknowledge it and Mohomad did nothing.......absurd!

Edited by Soapsuds