Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

With this, her third GS-title, Angelique Kerber now ties Hilde Krahwinkel-Sperling as the second must successful female player from Germany.

Only 19 more to go now Angelique if you want to catch up with Steffi!  

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

Novak Djokovic is back!

4th Wimbledon, 13th Grand Slam title! Breaks tie for 4th most ever GS titles with Roy Emerson and stands one behind Pete Sampras.

As a consolation prize, Kevin Anderson has a SICK body.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

But also think of what Nadal did. Made the Wimbledon SF after a grueling clay season (four titles and Davis Cup) with his very physical style of play and at his age, yet we make excuses for players like Zverev and the others for being out of gas.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I know you hated the semifinalists, but doesn’t Anderson’s rise give you hope for a player you do like, like Berdych? Same age as Anderson. Had far better results throughout his career than Anderson. Better record against the Big 4. Like Anderson, has been known to crumble mentally at big moments. Last year, Berdych made the semis here and played well against Federer. Held match points against him in Miami last year. He was looking resurgent. With the right guidance, he could turn his career around too.

• Members

After this.... it's going to be the same sh!t from ESPN and TC....the big 4 all over again.....I didn't even bother watching the men's final.  I hate/loathe Novak.

I see John Isner already pulled out of The Hall of Fame grass court tourney....hoping he pulls out of Atlanta tourney the following week. He's got 500 points to defend and already lost 250 by dropping out of the grass reject tourney this coming week. 

Ha....TC brought up Justin Gimblestob coaching and pretty much brushed it off...saying John was use to it because of college....did they forget it was illegal? Tennis Channel even said Gimblestob was his coach....when did that happen?? Late in his match they mentioned that viewers had stopped complaining about his coaching. I guess I was not the only one that saw it on TV. Too bad no one ever got warned. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Congrats to Novak Djokovic and his fans!  It must feel like a solid result for him and his team that he's progressed from where he felt stuck.

As a tennis fan, I can't really remember one match that truly felt memorable from this past fortnight. 

The Anderson/Isner match will be remembered for its length, the way the Isner/Mahut match is remembered. 

And when recalling this Wimbledon years from now, the winners will be cited as well as some stats like Kerber being the first German since Becker, Graf and Stitch to win a singles title at Wimbledon and this being Djokovic's 13th GS title, or all the Top 10 women crashing out in the first week.

Other than cold hard facts, I won't remember this Wimbledon for having any truly sublime matches.  Plenty of matter of fact ones though.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Race to London:

1. Nadal

2. Federer

3. Zverev 

4. Del Potro 

5. Djokovic 

6. Thiem

7. Cilic

8. Anderson 

Race to Singapore: