The Tennis Thread

• Members

Serbia emerged from the war and strife in the Balkans (from collection of countries formerly known as Yugoslavia) as a relatively poor country.  It is a lifetime away from Croatia, (another Balkan country that emerged from the war) which has been a well-known travel destination for at least a decade. 

Let's just put it this way-- I once saw a special on Frontline PBS where a man who had been held in a CIA "Black site" during the war in Afghanistan was released to Serbia and after months of being there he was crying to be sent to another country!

Recently, I read that there was some real estate development that has been going on (which is displacing some residents) but yeah, life there is still tough for many and there is still a fair amount of crime there.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know many players don’t care about the 250 tournaments because not a lot is at stake, but we’ve seen some woeful performances from Thiem, Kyrgios, Chung, Tiafoe, and Coric this week. Chung at least has the excuse of returning from injury in his loss to Ryan Harrison (ugh). Kyrgios just can’t stay healthy. Not a good look before the North American hardcourt season, and he has points to defend from the Cincinnati final

• Members

I don't know what's up with Thiem. He looses steam at this time every year. He should've easily won the tournament. And his tournament was a 500 tournament not a 250. He is playing his home tourney next week which is a 250. I posted on social media that he should be preparing for the US Open and stop playing so many useless clay court tournaments. I don't get why his coach doesn't shorten his schedule....it ridiculous....considering he mentioned at Wimbledon that he shouldn't have played warm up tournaments leading up to Wimbledon....

• Members

Most of the year he’s been injured, so we’ll see how he progresses now that he’s healthy again. The Harrison match wasn’t promising, though. A lot of just brain dead unforced errors.

Isner vs Harrison isn’t a match I’m that interested in, but I saw in passing that Ryan won the first set.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I’d prefer it if Isner won this, honestly, but he looked pretty sluggish. It’s maddening that Hyeon played so stupidly against Ryan, especially after he had leads. That was a match he could have won easily. It wasn’t like Ryan’s level was that great; actually he was downright crappy during the third set TB.

EDIT: Isner pulled it out in the end. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

LOL, it's a song by Drake that became a major hit and inspired a dance challenge that went viral (In My Feelings).  The chorus says "Hey KiKi...do you love me?"

Please register in order to view this content

It's quite a catchy song.

Is Fabio trying to get dumped with this look?

DjYwplvW0AAsrJm.jpg