ATWT Luke & Noah: Thursday Aug 9th Discussion

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As i said earlier on...I have a fear that a lot of the Noah/Luke story will not be developed the way viewers are hoping/thinking...

It started out rough and a few close encounters are fine, but they really have to truly develope a story for Noah/Luke for me to truly have faith that they are long standing.

• Members

Lucinda is definitely a front burner character in the Worldwide story... I dunno what you want to see. Personally I'm happy I don't have to watch the vets sleep around and have "Who's the Daddy?" stories and the like anymore. I watched them do that for years. And I'm sure they're sick of playing those stories, too. I think that their supporting roles should be EXPANDED (i.e. Lisa *needs* to be the town gossip again, she was great in that role) but do I think we need the vets in front burner stories? Not really. And it's not gonna happen, either, for many reasons (including the fact that I'm sure they don't really want front burner stories.)

• Members

ATWT could sure as hell use some diversity, storyline-wise. How many times are we going to have to suffer from characters like Paul, Meg, and Gwen go from storyline to storyline, this hogging air time? It would be nice if one 30+ year vet got something juicy and long term. Also, a lot of the character ATWT has on the front-burner are characters that have almost no emotional connection to the core audience. How many of us grew up watching someone like Gwen? Yet she gets all of the exposure? I know Eileen Fulton has been fighting for years for a big storyline, yet she never gets one. What's it gonna take? She's been there since 1960, how many more dues does she have to pay?

• Members

In all honesty I don't think any of those people would make a big difference in the ratings or quality of the show. What exactly would Lisa or Nancy do right now? And yeah Kim and Bob could get into the Susan story and make it interesting.

What you're saying about Nuke and ATWT core audience (them not caring) could be said about any of those characters.

I could say that about CarJack since they've been constantly featured for a while now...yet there's been no change in the ratings. The show has been just as good as it was before Carly returned (in my opinion) but lets just say that the quality of the show has gotten better with her return and the sudden barrage of CarJack. That still hasn't lead to a huge influx of new and old viewers. Nor has it changed anything in regards to people's opinion about the show (at least on this website).

I don't mind the characters you've mentioned. I just don't think they're necessary right now. Or could be utilized in a great way.

And this is a completely made up theory but I think its possible that the viewers who are interested in Nuke might just be temporary and filling in for some of "ATWT core audience" who just might be tuning out due to Nuke.

Sorry for the long post and I look forward to your reply.

• Members

I agree with both of you. Some ...and I stress some vets are being used. But the storylines suck big balls!!! Jean Passanante doesnt know how to write for the vets. Cady has been on only one week and I am already bored with her character. Paul is written so badly that I cant stand him. Meg has turned into a wimp who runs a company she knows zero about. Lucinda is foreced to make threats and not shown to do anything about it. The old Lucinda would have manuvered(sp?) her way to get back her company. The way Meg got the company was stupid and so dull and boring. Yes, there is too much Will and Gwen...way too Gwen....but again no one listens and we get more storyline for her. We get Susan drinking...but did we see the build up of her trying to avoid drinking...like scenes of her and the bottle....HELL NO!!!!! That is what is so wrong about the show.

So if we do get the vets in front burner storylines for only them....Jean the hack cant write them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

And I don't see whats wrong with the vets being in "supporting roles" when it comes to storylines. Its better than not seeing them as all right?

Plus there are very few stories that I think the vets could carry on their own.

Just my opinion. They've served their time and done their rounds of "Whos the daddy" and "Who killed who?" and "Is so and so really dead". In 10 to 20 years some of these actors might not be with the show or us (sadly) and then what? Thats why its important to focus on the middle aged group as well as the younger scene cuz if we want ATWT to last a long time then they are the ones who are going to be the central characters for years to come.

Might as well lay the groundwork for them.

• Members

I did see a bit of chemistry between Luke and Noah today. I think that one scene was one of the best scenes of the entire week. Carjack was awesome. But everything else on this show is just plain boring. Even Cady McClain's return has been reduced from interesting to slow and dull. ATWT is slow and boring and overall i'm just not interested in a major portion of the characters. What the hell happened to Lily and Holden?

• Members

It's really weird not seeing Lisa, as she was a vital character right up through 2000 (remember the great episode they did that year to commemorate Lisa and Bob's 40th anniversary on the show? And that was *Laiman.*) I think Goutman must hate her or something though. As long as he's around we aren't gonna see her.

• Members

Actually I think Lisa could be a major part of Oakdale once again.

Shes truly funny and has got the class and style of any diva. I would love to see her in some of the storylines on the show.

The problem though like I said before is that I just don't know what I would do with her...or what storyline she could fill that would satisfy people.

• Members

The rule is ATWT must revolve around Gwen. She is the new star. She is the future of ATWT. Yet long term vets...who are still young btw....Jon Hensley and Martha Bryne are backburned or given idiotic storylines....breakup one millionth.........ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhh........YOu might as well just cancel ATWT right now!!!! I have been in a bad mood all day and Ryans news didnt help....ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Members

Lisa's role in the 90s is that she was basically an interloper in every storyline. People would wander through Fashions and the Mona Lisa and the Lakeview and she'd talk to them and gossip and stuff. She was actually Carly's best friend and confidante at one point.

They could just have her do that again. She has enough history with most of the cast that all her conversations would be interesting.

• Members

I agree they destroy this storyline and I am done, it was the one last storylines keeping me watching, they F.U.C.K it up I am done. I see no other spoilers of any kind of interest that would even make me watch this show anymore, same characters. Everything must be about GWEN, I am so sick to death of GWEN. I can't stand MEG, and I can't stand Katie, why should I keep watching the whole show revolves around those three at all times. Rosanna is a bore, I mean really three days of her and Paul by the bed BORING. Gwen and Will talking about the baby non friggin stop BORING, Jack/Carly/JJ/Katie BORRRRRRING. Sofie and Cole BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGG

GGGGGGGGGGGG, Aaron, BOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGG

Alison well I think we get the picture.

I can see it now Jan 2008 and we will still be dealing with the same storylines and the same characters with no change in between, I am so sick of these dang characters you have 50 characters on this [!@#$%^&*] show USE THEM.

And when did Lucinda, LUCINDA turn into a friggin weakling that can't handle MEG of all people, GMAFB. start to give Susan a storyline but yet never show it, no it is more important to hear about every little [!@#$%^&*] detail about Gwens [!@#$%^&*] baby, does anyone really care what they are going to name this baby almost a year from now, right now?

Archived