ATWT Luke & Noah: Thursday Aug 9th Discussion

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Doesn't matter to me if Van is or if he isn't...Don't care about that one bit... What should be the focus on is him being able to get a storyline that is NOT going to be sweeped under the rug. That is the ONLY fear that I have.

Van Hansis has been on the show for some time now, and while he may have been giving a storyline; each time he is given it, the writers/TPTB shift gears and make the story fade in to the background or merge into someone else's storyline, leaving Luke out completely after all is said/done and over with.

The main reason why I am a little lax in the storyline about Noah and Luke is because this will yet another storyline for Van and I fear that once again, it will be turned into something that gets muted/faded out. Van deserves more than that.

• Members

Maddie is waaay overdue for a bi!ch slap. I wanted a really good beat down from Jade but alas that didn't come. Alison was Gwen's friend before Maddie even came on the scene. As a matter of fact it was Ali who introduced Gwen to them all.

I'd rather not have a dead baby s/l for Gwen/Wil, I'd rather have this be a false alarm. Neither one of them is ready to be parents right now (IMO) because the constant look on Wil's face when the baby is mentioned is terror.

• Members

Isn't SID a magizine? Also aren't SOW and SOD magazines? Unless I'm mistaken. In my mind hype can only be generated by actual promotions made by the show. Like lots of commercials during the daytime. Maybe a few original ads in mags. An interview or two really doesn't count in my book since that happens with almost all the major storylines in each and every soap.

To me its more of a human component thats hyped up Nuke.

I'm excited to see what happens today. Even if Luke and Noah aren't in every scene together I want to see Noah's actions with Maddie.

And I think Van is gay in real life. But I have no proof at all. Just a speculation. Call if "gaydar" if you will. But he just doesn't come across as straight to me.

Jake on the other hand...straight as a ruler most likely.

However it doesn't matter when it comes to the show. As long as they act natural and make it belieavable.

• Members

Eh, you aren't going to get that this day and age. The networks barely promote their soaps in daytime and don't even bother airing commercials for them in primetime. In fact, all the heads of daytime at CBS, ABC, and NBC have said that their division gets almost no money and isn't considered a top priority for their network. It's really sad, but according to the network brass, soaps are a dying breed.

• Members

But they do air a few promotions during and inbetween each soap regularly I believe. Also the weekly promos at the end the show. I've yet to see one focus only on Nuke.

But yeah I get what you're saying overall in regards to networks.

And are SID, SOW, SOD all magazines or am I mistaken?

Thanks for replying.

• Members

Thanks for the info abotu the mags.

As much as I love Madeline its always about her these days....Casey's gone honey. Its time to get over it. The entire world is not about you and you need to go get yourself a new man! I would say Noah but you obviously aren't feeling him so how about Aaron?

• Members

I go back to what Maddie said to Gwen; that she felt that everything is rushed for her and Noah. Part of it is on her part wanting to forget about Casey and how he pushed her out of his life (for possibly good reasons); and Noah not wanting to possibly face up to what he's really feeling deep down inside (his attraction to Luke)...Either way it goes, Maddie is going to be hurt once again in the process.

I think a lot of Noah's hesitation and the rush to be with Maddie is all about that father of his;

Archived