ATWT Luke & Noah: Thursday Aug 9th Discussion

• Members

I think the stuff they're doing with Lucinda right now is excellent. I love EF and the way shes able to bring both humor and major drama to any scene shes in. I feel that Lisa could be just as huge a force to reckon with if the writers figure out a great way to use her.

Thanks a lot for the background on her. I really appreciate it. It shouldn't be too hard to have her get back into the swing of things if she does that again. However they should add more depth to her as well. A new dimension or something would be awesome.

Some of my problem with ATWT is that some of the things on the show are the same old same old. Like why have us go thru all this JJ kidnapping? Or even pair Jack with Katie. THey know they're going to put Carly with Jack yet again. And then have a crisis split them up again a few months (or years of their fans are lucky) down the road.

Or Lily and Holden. They've been having marital issues for a long time now and I'm kinda bored/sick of it. I'd rather see Parker/Faith/JJ instead of Holden screaming at Lily b/c she didn't tell him everything.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never said it would impact the ratings, because if you've noticed, there's weeks where some of the soaps are tremendously entertaining, yet never go up ratings-wise. 10 years ago, ATWT was believed to be in the worst shape it had ever been. Even then new characters were given great exposure, but characters like Bob, Kim, Lucinda, and Barbara were heavily featured. I'm sorry, but 8-10 years is not a huge gap. If they fully integrated these vets back into the grand scheme of things, they'd be viable once more. However, they don't, so we'll never know. Hell, have you seen the episode rankings from 1998 that was posted a few months back? That's 9 years back, yet almost the entire top 20 characters were made up of vets who had been there at least 15 or more years at that point. Like I said before, if they try to integrate these characters, they can find almost anything to do with them. The vets are nothing but isolated these days and treated like secondary characters, which is not acceptable. I'm 24 and grew up watching the show, I'd like to see some characters who I've watched and adored since childhood. Sadly, that just isn't the case. I feel almost no emotional connection to this show anymore, because of this. My emotional connection to this show is lost, I don't know if I'll ever find it again.

Right now, I hate Y&R too, but that's mostly due to content and creative direction. One thing I admire about Y&R is the fact that their vets are always front and center, right alongside their new characters. Soaps need to be multi-generational if they want to appeal to a larger audience. By centering around a specific of segment their audience, they're telling the others they aren't valued as much.

• Members

Nuke may not appeal to the core audience according to some fans..But it is getting people who have never given a rats ass about ATWT to tune in for the story..I've dvr'd the last 2 episodes and plan to keep watching the story unfold..I just fastforward thru the rest..

• Members

I gotta admit, that one scene with Noah/Luke was hot. Too bad I don't give a crap about their relationship as a whole, though. It's about as appealing as an immature high school romance. <_<

Arghh..there was no payoff to including Alison in the baby party except to put her in more scenes with Dusty (I thought he was soo out of place there...I mean, I get that he saved Will's life or whatever but to me, it seemed like his only purpose there was to pimp more of the Dusty/Ali connection that I'm just not feeling). She should have given Maddie the smackdown. Will should have demanded why Maddie & Gwen were talking behind his friend's back.

I hope PJ's right about the Willen baby dying. I hate the thought of Will being tied down to becoming a family man.

The only scenes that truly interested me today were the Carly/JJ scenes near the end. I got flashbacks to the Carly/JJ/Les scenes from a few years ago.

And with all this talk about wanting changes on the show, has anyone here called the ATWT phone line? I'm giving it a shot tomorrow.

• Members

Even if there's no kissing scene between "Nuke" next week or the week after, I'm going to assume that there will be one at some point. I read a disappointing rumor on another board that their kissing scene will occur offscreen! That's not good! I really wish TPTB would see what an unexpected gem they have in these two fellas and not be swayed by naysayers! Their chemistry is quite sexy and they interact very well. LET THEIR STORY BE TOLD AND SHOWN IN ITS ENTIRETY(as much as daytime can allow of course)!

• Members

And that's exactly the problem. NOT that you're watching, but that you're watching for one story, and when/if you get disappointed in it, you'll leave. I don't blame the "new viewer", I blame TIIC. They have built the hype of "Nuke" since the minute they hired Jake S. and "leaked" that he would be playing Luke's boyfriend...it'll never be able to sustain the hype, because ultimately TIIC will never treat Nuke like they would a straight couple.

It kind of reminds me of the Lucy/Dusty v 1.0 hoopla. Most of the posters I knew (who had been watching Peyton List since the beginning) couldn't stand that story. But, for whatever reason, new viewers came over to watch it, and then left when Peyton left.

• Members

Well, I'm probably in the minority here but I am enjoying the show right now. I am really enjoying CARJACK and am looking forward to Rosanna coming out of the coma. I mean I can understand Paul sitting beside the bed because he's trying to bring her back. That makes sense to me.

I love Lucinda, although, I'd love to see her get one over on Meg but that's just a matter of time in my opinion. Not even minding Gwen and Will really. It's nice to see them happy for a change. It makes sense to me for Dusty to be at the party as he is Will's brother in law. Would've been weird if he wasn't there. The only story I'm not enjoying is Vienna and Henry. For pete's sake don't make them poor. I love to watch Vienna shop and love rich Henry. There's gotta be some other storyline they could do for them.

Not to keen on Meg and Craig either only because they are making Meg really unlikable. Her character has changed so much it's not even funny. Don't recognize her at all. Not sure if I am liking nice Craig either.....makes him kinda boring. Bring his edge back.

I love the way they are slowly making Jack realize he still has it bad for Carly. Every soap has to have one core couple. And I think Carjack are it. So stop splitting them up and give them a storyline even when they are happy. It's been done on other soaps forever. Luke and Laura, Bo and Hope, Marlena and John.....keep them together for pete sake.

As for Lilly and Holden, I'm at a loss for words. She just came out of a coma and they have them splitting up again!!! I remember Holden and Lilly getting together way back when they were kids. This is the storyline that originally got me watching this show. I can't believe they can't come up with something better than this. We get to the point where we actually want Lilly to tell Holden to take a hike. He seems to only want her when he doesn't have her. I'd like to see her interact with Dusty more too. They have huge history and it would be neat to see them capitalize on that.

I am loving Luke no matter what he does. He's always been one of my fave character's. However, wish he'd tone it down a bit with the longing looks at Noah. I mean we are supposed to believe that Noah is straight so I can't see Luke looking at him the way he does and Noah not running the other way. I wish they would've wrote this story differently. Would've been nice for them to be friends first and then sorta fall for each other at the same time. Tired of Luke always falling for the "straight" guy. Would've been nice if they treated this like an actual romance from the beginning.

Wow....sorry this post was so long! I look forward to reading all your posts everyday....especially PJ and Soapsuds.

• Members

Why should Luke tone down the way he looks at Noah even if Noah says that he's straight? Luke likes what he sees (and so do I BTW) and that's that! I don't think we're supposed to believe that Noah is straight, but instead, he's "straight" and lying about it. The fact that Noah didn't run the other way after learning that Luke is attracted to him may or may not speak volumes, but in this case, I think it DOES speak volumes! I do think that maybe it would've been better if "Nuke" were friends first then they both discovered a deeper attraction, but the good thing this time around is that Luke has not really fallen for a straight guy, has he? GO "NUKE"!

• Members

Well even though Noah might be gay right now hes saying hes straight. And some straight guys would be completely wierded out by the looks Luke keeps throwing Noahs way...

I mean Luke practically sexually violated the guy with his eyes yesterday! Not that I blame him but seriously...I can see where petunia is coming from. Most guys would not enjoy that.

And PJ I don't see how ATWT or CBS has been hyping Noah and Luke. There have been no commercials featuring only them. Or even talking about the storyline. All the "hype" has come from soap mags and the gay community. So I blame the new viewers who will come and then just abandon the show because its no longer all about Nuke. Because they're only temporarily replacing the core audience that might have abandoned the show due to this storyline being told in the first place.

Archived