April 30 - May 4, 2007

Toups

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well as I read here, last week wasn't anything special, so why would people bother to watch? I mean, I was excited to hear the casting news, but I didn't tune in last week, because it was pretty much same people, doing same stuff... this week, I do expect a rise... not much, though.. I remember that even the last Sami wedding didn't bring in many viewers... in fact, I think the ratings dropped for Sami's last wedding... so I am expecting a small rise for next week...

As for PASS, I agree with you... nothing will get the ratings up... it's cancelled for many people, because not many have that DirectTV as I understand...

And I think it's time ATWT got themselves a new headwriter..

• Members

Casting news has never done anything for the ratings. Last week had pretty much the same problems we've seen since January. No John or Marlena, only a couple of eps for Bo/Hope, Elvis on every single friggin day, Sami still keeping the secret & the mental hospital crap (though SN and Judi were great on Friday). The drop sucks but it's no surprise.

I was hoping DAYS would hold steady so that the wedding week could kick them back up to the 2.4-2.5 range. Now it will be much harder because they have to regain all the losses from the week before. :angry:

• Members

ATWT: :(

The show hasn't held my interest for quite some time.

Landon is overexposed (yeah, yeah some may claim she's a great actress but only crazy fanbitches want to see her everyday in every scene).

Brad/Katie/Jack sucks.

You know the show is in a bad place when the best storyline revolves around TWELVE year olds. (Parker/Faith/JJ)

• Members

After NBC announced they were dropping Passions, many affiliates (and some major markets) switched the timeslots. In Chicago, Passions is now up against OLTL and ATWT -- both of whom are on the same youth-market demo death march. All three are on between 1 and 2 -- when most teens at least OUGHT to be in school. ( Even with summer coming, how many teens are really going to stay at home to watch soaps? Even as a mom, I'm going to be busy teaching my kids what they should have learned in school this year. ) With that youth-demo march, they are continuing to alienate older viewers - who are now likely to turn it off or change the channel completely. Each time, it gets harder to bring that viewer back.

DOOL is now up against GH here. Just casting announcements in a magazine aren't going to bring in viewers. Many of them are so far gone they aren't reading the magazines anymore. A few flashes of a familiar face on the screen does nothing if it isn't in a story context or a promise of things to come. GH announced the return of Scorpio, then Anna, then Laura herself only to squander them. Why should DOOL be any different?

• Members

I agree with that statement totally, I am sure I said this somewhere I don't know where but I think that there fanbase would be happy if JL was just starring at the camera doing nothing for the whole show, they don't care about the rest of the show only that JL is on every single day, some have even said as much, I only watch for Will and Gwen nothing else, well guess what you won't be watching Will and Gwen soon when they cancel the dang show. :angry: I am so angry I could spit nails, just think ratings were on the upswing before this latest Gwen overload crap started, last year we were at a 2.8 and going up, but no lets make this the Gwen show and see what happens, ratings fall, so what do the do make it even more JL by adding Cleo, the people writing and dircting this show don't have a clue of what we the fans of the WHOLE show want.

• Members

I'm not going to begin claiming doom and gloom. All of the ratings for the soaps are down, but I'm optimistic that things will get better. The news that big characters are returning may help some, but it won't help a lot. DAYS has always been a show that relies on word of mouth.

The show still has to end the storylines going on to begin to shift to the upcoming story. I think they are doing a very good job of sending some, while setting the beginning pieces for the big story coming up.

Still good episodes last week, but with the Big 4 coming into heavy rotation over the next couple of weeks (and back to their rightful place on the frontburner), I'm sure things will get better.

This DAYS fan is happy.

Archived