April 30 - May 4, 2007

Toups

• Members

Sorry but I totally disagree. The days that Jennifer Landon & Jesse Soffer are featured are the only decent days on this show. All the other days are boring as heck. I was so glad when they returned yesterday and the 3 day boring drought. From what I have heard, a lot of people feel the same way as they don't even bother to watch their tapes on days without Will & Gwen.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What 'people' are you referring to? Posters on the Gwen & Will board? I feel the general consensus with ATWT viewers has been that Landon's airtime needs to take a backseat. She's a mediocre actress at best, IMO and the other actors/characters on the show do not deserve to act merely as supporting characters to prop up Gwen.

• Members

It must be the Will and Gwen board, because every other board I visit which is pretty much all of them hate Gwen anymore, she also claims that most fans hate Luke as well, which is another thing that comes from the Will and Gwen board, seeing as again every board I visit loves Luke.

• Members

Yes, these ratings are for the first full week of May Sweeps and it is not a good start at all. If the ratings continue this way for the remainder of sweeps, it may mean more budget cuts. :(

• Members

Right now ATWT does feel like the Gwen and Will show. As an OCCASIONAL viewer, I know better than to invest in Katie and either Holden brother (and still think of him as Austin on DOOL anyway). I see an abundance of young faces, with an occasional very much older face to support them. Not certain what happened to Henry/Vienna, but can't believe it was meant as anything more than an interlude/B story.

Will and Gwen may have the hottest story, but it isn't anything like the pull or intensity of the baby switch. I don't necessarily buy them as soulmates, and don't even get the motivation for Jade to break them up. The double role is classic soap, but it's been done far better before. In short, there's nothing that's going to catch my attention enough to turn up the sound while running or even to tune it on the next day.

• Members

All soaps are down. Everyone saying this couple caused it or this couple didn't is a bit of a stretch IMO. Honestly it reminds me of Scarytown where they get in big arguments over the one day when ratings are different or the one week and try to say it was REG or Jolie or they dropped because of Jess and Nash or whatever.

I'm so glad that Alden said soap boards aren't taken seriously because I become very concerned that Scarytown was influencing these awful decisions on daytime.

Anyway, there are systemic problems with daytime. I continue to point out the highs and lows have changed dramatically. One soap opera has a weekly average greater than 3.0. Not too long ago, dropping below 3.0 was considered a huge problem. Now soaps being below 2.5 is the median.

There are systemic problem. OLTL, in its defense, dumped its core sweeps story and did it for the right reason. It still held its ratings to the extent that other soaps did. I think this throwing stories up against the wall and seeing what sticks is problematic, but I also strongly believe that no one couple can save or sink daytime.

• Members

You should speak for yourself. For you to call out the whole entire Willen/JL Fanbase and then start making assumptions about what their fans are thinking, when you clearly don't know is a pretty fucked up thing to do. No one knows the reason why people are not tuning into the show so to blame Willen/JL for the ratings being down is stupid. A lot of people don't like the whole Dusty/Emily/Alison/ , Brad/Katie/Jack stuff and could be tuning out of the show for that too. A lot of people don't like Katie going after Jack. It is the storylines in general and the writing that is the reason for the ratings being low.

• Members

I agree...this isn't JL fault. I like her days just as much as anyone elses. The ratings are depressing but perhaps a new HW will turn things around. However I do think that the storylines are pretty superb right now.

ITA WillenFan21. All the Willen hatred amuses me sometimes. Heres an interesting thought. How about they get rid of JL and JS? I mean immediately. Then the JL fanbase stops watching right? At the SAME time everything soapsuds, winterguy, etc want to happen...happens. That is Luke is featured more, more vet air time to devote to who knows what, more settings at Emmas, ect. I'd like to see what the ratings would be for that. I honestly don't think they would be that good. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't think Willen is the bottom line reason for these ratings and if Willen left then about a 1 million fans (and I might be exaggerating...I haven't done studies on this) might leave as well. Then ATWT would be in just as bad shape as Passions is.

• Members

The drop for Days was expected but I was hoping it would at least stay the same or keep at least a 2.0. These ratings tell me more people look at the day ahead spoilers and such then we all think because thw two episodes that were strong that week and had lots of movement (plus, Hope on Monday) got the high numbers while the rest of the week, which was hit or miss, got the low. That annoys me. When are people just going to watch the show. If they know about the returns and that good stuff may be coming (I won't say for sure since none of us know how this will go down), they should be tuning in to get back into things but instead it shows Days problem. Most people only watch for certain characters or couples and then there is a less sizable group that watches for movement and for the show. I am not going to go into a rant because all of us at SON fit into the watching for the show group but it still annoys me to no end.

Now Days really needs to surge next week. I was hoping to gt near 2.4 or so. That may be close to impossible now. Now I guess I am just going to shoot for a 2.2-2.3. My hope was to be near a 2.5 by the end of sweeps. That is out the window now because the way the ratings are going Days will likely go right back down the week after the wedding because the shift goes back to ending Steve/Kayla and the island crew. This sucks.

These threads are so depressing week after week and not just for Days. The soaps all have bad numbers and I have to wonder even how long Y&R will stay in the 4's. It's a sad time that for's sure.

• Members

GL's numbers are fine. The show has held steady within the 2.0 to 2.3 window for about three years now (occasional upward spikes to 2.4 or 2.5 notwithstanding). Granted they're on the lower end of that right now, but GL remains one of the surest bets on the air. As the other other wildly fluctuating soaps fall below GL, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see GL's ranking go even further up in the future.

• Members

Even though I'm a long time Days watcher, not one of those casting returns interested me. I will continue to watch Days though as long as JER doesn't return.

Passions should have just stayed cancelled and thus ended for good in Sept.

• Members

ivnplng, I LOVE your banner! :D And I agree how amazing it is that GL has stayed fairly consistent while the numbers of other soaps are dropping like bombs.

Willenfan, I agree that there are other factors to ATWT's big drop but it really doesn't help that Landon has been getting double the airtime when its clear that many people are already complaining about her domination on the show. It also doesn't help that so many characters have been playing a supporting role to her. I will never forgive JP or whoever else is responsible for wasting away great potential characters (ie. Will, Barbara) to make the storylines all about Gwen.

Archived