April 30 - May 4, 2007

Toups

• Members

I doubt viewers who've been watching for 5-50 years FF to watch Will and Gwen's recycled dialogue.

I have my favorites, but I'm not so blind to defend every shitty storyline they're in.

Not buying it. Dusty/Emily/Alison and Brad/Katie/Jack are relatively new storylines. Gwen's spamming has been a constant for nearly TWO YEARS!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS' drop was expected, but at least we didn't see a 1.6 again in the dailys like the week of the VA Tech shootings. Doesn't make that 1.9 any better, but still it could be worse.

Anyway, this week should see a gain but I'm not really expecting anything higher than a 2.2 honestly, and sad as it is, I think we'll be lucky to see even that.

• Members

I'm not a fan of Gwen and Will, but it is wrong to try to blame them or any other specific characters for a soap's decline in ratings. l remember that to the end of Hogan's time as the headwriter of ATWT, there were tons Internet complaints about it being the Craig show and that the stories were bad. Supposedly, once Hogan was gone and Craig wasn't the focus, ATWT and its ratings would improve. As we all know the ratings declined further when Hogan left and Craig was tossed aside. No one on a message board can speak authoritatively about the character and plot likes and dislikes of the audience of any soap as a whole. The only the networks that do what seems to be extremely flawed research can claim to have a clue about the audience's preferences. Just because you or your cohorts on a particular soap board don't like seeing lots of a character it doesn't mean that the majority of the audience feels the same way. I suspect the overinflated self-importance that soap fans on the Internet give themselves is why the networks ignore the opinions of these fans. The only thing that any of us can say with confidence is that it is the quality of the writing and vision of the headwriter that determines if viewers watch a soap.

• Members

I don't think the impact of the teen story revisions (if there is any) will show up until this week's ratings are out which is my way of saying that the ratings posted in this thread IMHO would be what they would have recieved regardless of the rewrites. Last week the teen story seemed to perk along as it would have until Friday. Even the set up of Marcie being out and the empty classroom with Brit and Starr was still in place. The only real changes seemed to show up on Friday when the car factored in. At that point OLTL was already back to enjoying its now customary 2.2 and 2.3's.

The ratings for this week may show an impact but the dialogue in the car didn't seem all that different from what you might have expected for the classroom. Either way the story would have suffered from its inherent flaws which are systemic to OLTL at this point -- the lack of proper set up, the featuring of characters the audience has had insufficient time or story development to care about and a trashing of the legacy characters in favor of Dena's creations.

I do think the show did the correct thing in pulling the story.

• Members

ATWT needs a new headwriter and executive producer. Jean Passanante and Christopher Goutman need to be fired pronto! Another new low for ATWT. What is it going to take for this two to get fired?

Agreed. The show sucks and has for some time. Landon is overexposed and the Brad/Katie/Jack storyline does suck. I love seeing Lucinda and Craig but the storyline is not being written very well. There are so many other ways for Lucinda to get Worldwide back. There is so much history between Craig and Lucinda that has not been used. It is being wasted on Paul and Meg helping her out. Let Lucinda battle Craig on her own. Let their once romance be part of the story.

Again Agreed!

• Members

Before this becomes the Days Ratings thread, I'll just put in my two cents:

So, the birth of Jesus didn't put GH through the roof? I'm shocked. LMFAO, not. :rolleyes: The sooner AMC gets a new HW in place, the sooner some real writing can begin. Until then, AMC's ratings don't suprrise me at all. It's a lot of filler, and attempts to hook the audience again, but no heart, not yet anyway. There is still hope, I think. :)

• Members

Guys rumor has it over at SOC that Jean P is OUT plus, her contract expires in July and with Carly and Craig back, Rosanna and Aaron coming and hopefully a new head writer..Im sure ATWT ratings would rise

• Members

I can't believe GL is below ATWT and OLTL...it just doesn't make sense. GL has been really doing great and what you have in ATWT is a cleo/gwen mess..,i mean, what a crappy storyline that is, it doesn't even make it to be an afterschool special. and OLTL has thrown all their main characters to the dogs with all these teenage storylines that are just stupid...I simply can't compare Reva/Cassie/Josh & OLivia/Buzz/Jef. with what ATWT and OLTL are feeding their audience...GL is a world apart next to these two

• Members

I did hear that, but if you don't have DirectTV - and most people don't - why would you watch the next four months?

I think PSNS' ratings will fall even more the closer the end date nears.

• Members

King is right. For the majority of fans, Passions ends in September so people are going to start tuning out. It happens to all cancelled shows. Not that many people are going to switch to DIRECTV just for Passions.

The show is better but I don't expect much in the way of increases. I am just going to sit back and enjoy the show and hope that somehow someone puts episodes online somewhere or something.

• Members

2.9 for BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL is depressing, but not surprising.

Nick/Taylor aren't doing it for me

Pheobe I can't stand

Eileen Davidson's return has been boring

Nick being framed for Shane's death - ridiculous, only saved by great acting from Jack Wagner and Susan Flannery

And, it seems they've dropped the proposed Mike SL! :(

DAYS: I'm sad for all the fans! :(

And I doubt very much the much hyped DiMera returns will turn things around that much.

Archived